DDPYOGA

Options
Hello MFP, DDP YOGA has anyone done it? How would you rate the program and what was your results?

Replies

• eenn
    eenn Posts: 20
    Options
    BUMP
  • bleumanchu
    bleumanchu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Haven't done it, but it looks like it could be a solid program. Really, I'm for anything that gets a person moving!
  • Aquaduckie
    Aquaduckie Posts: 115
    Options
    I had never heard of it until yesterday when I saw a very inspirational video on Youtube that someone linked to on here. I'm curious about it, too. The guy in the video lost 140 pounds in 10 months. It was a great story. He used DDP Yoga.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I, too, would like to hear from some folks who have done this. I'd never heard of it til reading this thread, and it looks like these are all bodyweight exercises (perfect for someone like me who travels a lot).
  • Kidd94
    Kidd94 Posts: 5
    Options
    I've ordered it and waiting for it to arrive.
    I am 290, 5'9", 36 years old. I was an athlete as a child and all through high school. A sedentary life style soon followed. It has take it's toll on my knees and the joints in my ankles. Trying to get active leaves my knees and ankles in a lot of pain and it takes days if not weeks for them to stop hurting. I needed something that would motivate me, but also be low impact.

I saw that video about Arthur Boorman, and I am not nearly as crippled as he was with his walking situation, but we are very close in body type. I researched it and found some very good 3rd part reviews... just google it.

So I ordered it. I remember seeing DDP several years ago before the Yoga stuff. He wasn't fat, but boy did he move around like Frankenstein. Just beat up and stiff as a board. It's great to see how Yoga has transformed him.

Arthur Boorman lost 100 lbs in 6 months, and went from needing braces to walk to being able to flat out run.

Very inspirational.
  • sdwagers
    sdwagers Posts: 5
    Options
    i ve been doing it for about two months- great workout ! It uses Isometric/Dynamic Resistance to get your heart rate up. You gain flexibility and strength in low impact workout. It really works. I use it as my main workout with calorie counting. I 've lost 8 pounds in 8 weeks.
  • olemanjake
    olemanjake Posts: 19
    Options
    I've been using the program for just over a month: 20 lbs gone. 17 inches gone. Love it myself. I wrote a review here:

http://www.downdogjunction.com/2012/07/my-ddpyoga-review/

In an average workout I've found that I can burn in excess of 10 calories per minute. How's that?
  • olemanjake
    Options
    Now I'm at 90 days. Still loving it and thrilled with the results. I wrote another review: http://www.downdogjunction.com/ddpyoga-review-revisited/
  • TracyDeelfd
    TracyDeelfd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    just starting this....... working on my food shopping list.... a bit overwhelmed.