DDP Yoga

Options
Has anyone tried DDP Yoga? Yes I am a wrestling fan and no I am not a fan of yoga. When I first heard about this and thought of a former wrestler doing yoga I thought this is gotta be a gimmick and just crazy. Well it's been around for a while now and seems to be gaining momentum. I have looked at it a few times over the last year and I think I'm to the point where I may actually give it a try. Just curious on others opinions. Since I have never done Yoga I can't compare it to anything.

ABOUT DDP YOGA - http://www.ddpyoga.com/site/index.php/en/
DDPYOGA is not traditional yoga, it’s a hybrid workout that incorporates some traditional yoga movements and adds dynamic resistance, active breathing techniques and power movements to make for a more challenging and results oriented workout.
The main benefits are body fat loss, lean muscle growth, and improved cardio levels all without placing undue stress on the joints. A valid comparison to yoga is they both provide increased flexibility and core strengthening.

Also, make sure you check out the transformation video. Don't look at it from an aspect of doing the program, but it should just be used as motivation of what can be accomplished when you truly want something. http://www.ddpyoga.com/site/index.php/en/weightloss

Replies

• I guess that is a big no :laugh:
  • Demwitted
    Options
    It sounds a bit like pilates, which I have tried... if that helps at all. I love traditional Yoga, and I think it has a ton of health benefits.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    I was looking at one of his yoga books recently. I teach yoga in a style that is very similar to his, and it's very effective. I have never done his workouts, but I just checked out his site and it's very similar. Trish Stratus owns and runs a yoga studio now as well, and she's in better shape than ever!
  • Well....i haven't done Pilates either...

Either way though, i thought something similar to this could help with my over all health focusing on the core muscles along with relaxation and breathing.

But I do appreciate the feed back. I feel like I know have the power. :tongue:
  • I was looking at one of his yoga books recently. I teach yoga in a style that is very similar to his, and it's very effective. I have never done his workouts, but I just checked out his site and it's very similar. Trish Stratus owns and runs a yoga studio now as well, and she's in better shape than ever!

Awesome, thanks!!!!! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'm assuming people probably haven't done his exact program, but things similar to it. I would imagine a lot of athletes that take such a psychical beating on their body can't do high impact exercises and need to utilize low impact exercises such as yoga.
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    Many olympic athletes now you yoga. The great thing is it lubricates your joints, making them stronger and more protected while it works out and lengthens your entire body.

When you lose flexibility what happens to your muscle is basically the same thing that hapens to leather when you dry it out in the sun (it shrinks and gets brittle). Yoga slowly strengthens and re-lubricates those muscles letting them get strong, flexible, and supple again. So while it is low impact for your joints, depending on the style of yoga you are participating it can be a high calorie burn activity.
  • rmclearren
    Options
    I thought I'd clear up a few things here. DDPYOGA isn't traditional yoga at all although it uses it as it's basis. I've been doing it for a few years now and I love it. It's really helped me with my back problems and has built up strength in my wrists. I used to have to wear a wrist brace but honestly I haven't seen it in years.
    Here's what it actually is:
    basic Yoga principles
    slow burn movements like pushups
    Lots of strength and core building moves.

basically, it's really hard for me to find anything that's really comparable to it... you actually get a lot of cardio in it without beating up your joints.
  • I thought I'd clear up a few things here. DDPYOGA isn't traditional yoga at all although it uses it as it's basis. I've been doing it for a few years now and I love it. It's really helped me with my back problems and has built up strength in my wrists. I used to have to wear a wrist brace but honestly I haven't seen it in years.
    Here's what it actually is:
    basic Yoga principles
    slow burn movements like pushups
    Lots of strength and core building moves.

basically, it's really hard for me to find anything that's really comparable to it... you actually get a lot of cardio in it without beating up your joints.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad to find someone that actually used it.
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Man, how much do I hate pushups! However, if doing the exercises gets you stronger and all that, then it might be worth a try. I'm just a little reluctant to spend that much money on a set of dvds which I might use once.

I'm going to check out the community forum www.teamddpyoga.com (thanks rmclearran) to see what people really think of it before I commit to buying it.
  • sdwagers
    sdwagers Posts: 5
    Options
    I ve used it for 8 weeks. it's my main workout and i love it. Low impact with cardio. simply the best work out on the planet.