Fitness and Menstrual Cycle Changes

Options
Since I started this, my cycle has gone from a 30-day, to a 28-day, to this month (having upped my cardio and strength) a 24-DAY cycle! Is it possible that the diet and exercise and a little loss (6.5lbs) could have changed my cycle?!

Have any other women found their cycle has changed since starting this?

Replies

• reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Yes, I used to be 30-36 days when inactive then I went to 26 days know I'm at 23-24 days.
  • fit921
    fit921 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My cycle is totally different now. It is somewhere around 21-24 days. Symptoms are way down too, not so much cramping/bloating which is nice.
  • 5kidsforme
    5kidsforme Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    weird! I wonder what everyone else will say. I haven't noticed a change, just the same thing as usual.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    It changed at first, had period a week early which made me have 2 in one month. But it seems to be going back to normal now. I think my body just had to adjust
  • Chrissy_Michelle
    Chrissy_Michelle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I used to go months without a period and I suffered from infertility. I started eating healthy and working out. I lost 50lbs and my periods became regular, every 28 days, and BAM! I got pregnant :) its crazy how being unfit or overweight can affect your body.
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen much change in my cycle it's still between 30-35 days long. However my aunt had a positive story!

She has PCOS and diabetes and hasn't had her period for a year. However, after changing her diet she finally got her period and had to reduce her insulin!
  • onikonor
    onikonor Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I used to go months without a period and I suffered from infertility. I started eating healthy and working out. I lost 50lbs and my periods became regular, every 28 days, and BAM! I got pregnant :) its crazy how being unfit or overweight can affect your body.

Nice congrats!
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes it is definitely possible. Any change can effect your body. Also, depending on your TOTM, it could be better or worse than before.
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am on the pill, so I got my period on the dot every 30 days. The first month of dieting, I didn't get it at all. This month, I got some minor bleeding, for maybe a day, and that was it. I usually have it for about 5 days. I'm interested to see what other people say.

PS- I took a test- NO bun in the oven. lol
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Weight loss shifts your hormones. It will become normal.
  • alicepoppyh
    Options
    Ok sounds like it's quite likely it's the lifestyle change then.. *phew*

Made the mistake of going to Dr. Google and reading lots of dramatic things! Glad I thought to ask here.
    I hope it goes up again to 28-30 though.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yep! I used to have a 25 day cycle now I'm closer to 30-32 days. PMS isn't nearly as bad since I've been eating clean and exercising-YAY!
  • Assassins_Angel
    Options
    having just come of the pill not 2 months prior to me dieting i cannot give an accurate answer though so far ive been pretty regualr exactly 28 days between without fail
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    Anyone on here on birth control and experiencing weight gain still around that time of the month? I am on a non-stop pill so no periods but here it is around the time I should have it and I gained 3 lbs in the last cpl days and feel super bloated. Does anyone else have this too???
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    Mine changed.....I didn't have one the first 35-40 days of doing MFP....but I also had finals so maybe I was just so stressed out...either way I was worried!!! :) But I've always been told that everyone is different and cycles always seem to change..
  • lindseym1983
    lindseym1983 Posts: 209
    Options
    Ok sounds like it's quite likely it's the lifestyle change then.. *phew*

Made the mistake of going to Dr. Google and reading lots of dramatic things! Glad I thought to ask here.
    I hope it goes up again to 28-30 though.

Rule #1-Never google your symptoms- it always tells you you have some never heard of disease or are going to die! :D
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    After my first full month of trying to lose weight and tracking calories, mine got lighter. My days have always been wacky though.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options

Dang. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My cycle is totally different now. It is somewhere around 21-24 days. Symptoms are way down too, not so much cramping/bloating which is nice.

This. Symptoms are down for me too.