Advice Needed

Options
I need some advice…..I have no problem staying with healthy foods. But my one vice is McDonalds Mocha Frappe’s. I do get mine without the whipped cream & chocolate drizzle but still the sugar & carb content is not good.

I don’t like drinking straight coffee…..so I’m wondering if anyone has tried or drinks anything similar to the mocha frappe that is not as bad for you. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Replies

• Dietz27
    Dietz27 Posts: 107
    Options
    Get some protein powder and make a shake with that. You can put some regular coffee in there with it. I use a very low card, 6 g per scoop, powder that is very high in protein. So, not only are you keeping carbs down, you are also getting the very important protein needed as fuel.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    If you are not ready to give it up, maybe you could have half and make it fit into your day.
  • kager8
    kager8 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm not a coffee drinker either...I only like coffee drinks that DON'T taste like coffee (go figure.) Anyway, since all of those frilly drinks are loaded with sugar I started buying packets of Swiss Miss "No Sugar Added" Hot Chocolate and pouring a packet into a cup of coffee for a flavor filled "frilly" coffee pick me up. When I first started doing this I used regular hot chocolate mix and then weened into the no sugar added version...I'm currently only using half a packet per cup of coffee as opposed to the whole packet I used to use. Anything you do is going to be a big jump in flavor from the Mocha from McD's because it's so full of sugar so when you do decide to make a change give it a week or two to allow your taste buds to adjust (hence why I weened from using regular hot chocolate to half a packet of no sugar added over a period of time.) Good luck! Oh and you can also get flavored coffee beans to use to make your coffee as well...adds even more flavor when you add the hot chocolate.
  • sneuman615
    Options
    If you have a Costco near by, get the Energy shots. I think they work better and last longer than the 5 hour energy shots. They only have five tiny calories and you get like 48 energy shots for roughly $25-$30. They have NO sugar in them and are worth the price. Otherwise, I have to drink a Diet Coke to get my boost if I don't have any energy shots. Good luck!
  • octleigh
    octleigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm not a coffee drinker either...I only like coffee drinks that DON'T taste like coffee (go figure.) Anyway, since all of those frilly drinks are loaded with sugar I started buying packets of Swiss Miss "No Sugar Added" Hot Chocolate and pouring a packet into a cup of coffee for a flavor filled "frilly" coffee pick me up. When I first started doing this I used regular hot chocolate mix and then weened into the no sugar added version...I'm currently only using half a packet per cup of coffee as opposed to the whole packet I used to use. Anything you do is going to be a big jump in flavor from the Mocha from McD's because it's so full of sugar so when you do decide to make a change give it a week or two to allow your taste buds to adjust (hence why I weened from using regular hot chocolate to half a packet of no sugar added over a period of time.) Good luck! Oh and you can also get flavored coffee beans to use to make your coffee as well...adds even more flavor when you add the hot chocolate.

^ This is great advice. You can also blend some ice through it to get that iced frappe feel. The protein powders work well too. Sometimes I like to add a tbs of suger free chocolate pudding powder to thicken it up a touch. Good luck!!
  • Nichole327
    Options

Thanks! I think I will try this!!