Starting Over, this time with Roller Derby

Options
So Ive gone up a few pounds since the last time I was here ( and luckily it really was a few, i gained back five) and i want to get back into the habit of eating healthy and exercising. The second bit was always a "If i have time" or a "If i can get out of bed early enough to work out" kind of schpiel that never really worked. So, by chance, i stumbled upon the local derby team and i joined! I can't skate very well, but I am learning and its one hell of a workout so its a win-win.

Anyways, just trying to meet some new and supportive people, as the others i had on here have drifted and dissapeared as i did.

Great to meet you all :D

Replies

• scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My daughter did roller derby for a while and was in the best shape of her life! The practices were an incredible workout and she loved it! I'm sure you will really enjoy being on the team!

I'm sending you a friend request - I can't wait to hear about your roller derby workouts!
  • bellaxero
    bellaxero Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks so much! :D
  • YoukilledJosh
    Options
    Roller derby sounds awesome, goodluck!
  • bellaxero
    bellaxero Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Faerille326
    Options
    I LOVED roller derby and miss it terribly - I unfortunately don't have the time to commit to it anymore though. Feel free to add me if you'd like some support! Good luck! :)
  • Samgramm
    Samgramm Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just started fresh meat training with my local roller girls : ) I'll send you a friend request, maybe we can compare notes!
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    that sounds awesome, i recently bought some roller blades and have been trying to incorporate that into my routine. i will send you an add :)
  • CChandler81
    CChandler81 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Yah, rollergirl here as well! I've been doing it for a little over a year but have taken some time off recently due to knee pain and plantar fasciitis. It will definitely help tone you up- I ended up gaining weight over the past year instead of losing. So you've absolutely got to eat healthy and not "treat" yourself after a hard workout.
    Best of luck with derby! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Totally jealous, roller derby seems so cool. Keep us updated on how it's going :)
  • sabrinamunin
    Options
    That sounds awesome and fun! I've always wished I could do that, but I've always been really bad at skating. Have fun!

(And anyone feel free to add me if you like!)