Miracle Noodle RICE - My opinion - Not Bad

Options
Well, I have tried the Shirataki Noodles in the tofu section from the grocery store before. I found them too rubbery to be enjoyable on a regular basis. BUT, I just found some of the 0 Cal Miracle Noodles "Rice" at the health store that I was at and I made some "Fried Rice" with them and they were good.

I did as told and drained and rinsed the "rice" (much more like a tapioca ball), then I dry fried them into a non stick pan to dry them out a bit.

Next I added some chopped onion (I keep chopped onion in a ziploc in the freezer) some no name frozen mixed veggies (1 Cup) and heated that all up until the veggies were cooked, add some minced garlic and Mr's Dash Original and Pepper. Next spread the rice and veg to the sides of the pan and spray a little PAM spray into the pan and fried and egg. Once the egg was fried up and scrambled, I mixed it all together with some Soya Sauce and Siracha Hot sauce.

It was pretty tasty, the texture was MUCH better than the noodles and the whole thing was ~200cals and filled a standard size bowl, so you could split it in half and use as a side.

I will buy more and do this again, it will be a good side, or add some chicken for a main dish.

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I have been eating Miracle angel hair or fettucini noodles. I usually end up going Asian or Italian with them. The last time I made the fettucini, I sauteed zucchini, onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes. I let that simmer for a while. I rinsed and dried the noodles and added them to the veggies. I let them cook to absorb all the flavors. I hit it with some parmesan cheese and it was delicious! In fact, I can't wait to make that again. I ate the entire thing as my dinner. Didn't even mind the lack of meat. Although it would be good with some chicken or sausage.
  • ucsneakerz
    ucsneakerz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump for joy if these miracle noodles you speak of pan out...

I'm just confused about what they could be made of? I read that they are made up of "Glucomannan." But what is this? Is its affect on the body debatable? How does the body process it?

I'm just weary because I switched over to drinking like 2 cans of Diet Coke a day and it stunted my weight loss because of the aspertame and while I miss pasta (my favorite comfort food) so dearly I dont want starting this miracle noodle stuff to have the same affect. But having a pasta alternative would make my life so much easier!:)
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Glucomannan is made from plant fiber. Your body doesn't digest it. It shouldn't interfere with weight loss.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I'm going to jump for joy if these miracle noodles you speak of pan out...

I'm just confused about what they could be made of? I read that they are made up of "Glucomannan." But what is this? Is its affect on the body debatable? How does the body process it?

I'm just weary because I switched over to drinking like 2 cans of Diet Coke a day and it stunted my weight loss because of the aspertame and while I miss pasta (my favorite comfort food) so dearly I dont want starting this miracle noodle stuff to have the same affect. But having a pasta alternative would make my life so much easier!:)

Another pasta alternative - spaghetti squash
  • ucsneakerz
    ucsneakerz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a little concerned because your body not digesting it doesn't mean that it wont affect your weight loss... hmmm will have to do some extra research! Thanks for the info folks.
  • sheilsun
    sheilsun Posts: 47
    Options
    I use Miracle Rice and love it! Mainly because of its versatility..first of all it's ready to go..just rinse, heat..and add to whatever I am making. I have used it in delicious rice puddings, soups, lots of stir frys and casseroles, and other dishes calling for a pastina. .I get so many of my receipes from the Miracle Noodle Facebook page--even found some neat recipes for berry rice shakes..great way to start the morning. About two weeks ago I made an asparagus risotto with the rice also..came out great. Hope this helps. Thanks for your ideas