Any Slow Losers out there....I need some motivation

Options
124»

Replies

• sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 3.5 months to lose 5 pounds! I'm not sure whether to attribute it to hypothyroidism (diagnosed with a mild case) or the fact that I wasn't counting calories, despite eating healthily (no soda, processed foods, junk, a ton of veggies and fruits, etc) and exercising regularly. But I started counting about two weeks ago and have dropped three pounds since. I hope they stay off this time...
  • Sharona1958
    Sharona1958 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose one pound per week (the formula came to .9 actually). Remarkably, that is what my weight loss has been the past 12 weeks. I think the longer we stick with this way of life, the more it will become a habit. I'm really trying to make this more about my health and less about the scale - hard to do though I know. Keep the faith.
  • fatchiick
    fatchiick Posts: 105
    Options
    Yes very slow loser here.... I haven't lost any real weight since about 4 weeks ago I am currently bouncing between 241-243 and that's a gain I was 239 last week... anyhow try upping your cadio intensity... even though I workout really hard at home sweat etc I hadn't felt that heart pounding lung collapsing feeling you get when you go running... so I went runnng yesterday... scale bounced down to 240....so make sure your cardio is strong enough... STAY OFF THE SCALE... at this point the only thing the scale cand do is hinder you... I wear the same clothes I wore, when I was 30-40 pounds heavier I know I have at least 50 pounds to go before I see even a change in my body or a dress size... if you're working out and eating right your body will eventually show it even if the scale doesn't... what's your alternative to quit and either maintain or get bigger... stick it out...I don't want to be 240 - 250 pounds...
  • kmmercure
    kmmercure Posts: 1
    Options
    do you like to walk and have a bike path near you where you can walk? I had gained 14lbs (177 lbs) last Oct when I quit smoking. I had tried and tried to lose the weight and was getting depressed about it. This past mothers day I got a bike and started riding 3 miles every other day. I have now lost 5lbs. I guess I thought what I was doing was enough but it wasn't. If you don't like to exercise at the gym try to find a place that does Zumba. I just started Zumba Toning this morning. its only an hour but boy do you work and its fun. DON'T GIVE UP YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • kgtgj
    kgtgj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    yeah. Losing slowly too. I have endometriosis which at times makes things a little harder but I've lost 25 lbs in a little over 6 months. I just look at any lost as progress toward the ultimate goal.
  • tenleigh
    tenleigh Posts: 2
    Options
    It's taken me 73 weeks to get rid of 54.4 pounds. Thats 0.74 pounds per week. But rest assured, the journey has not always been on the downward trend! My tracker looks like a roller coaster, all up and down and all over the place. Just keep looking at the bigger picture - ANYTHING down is better than a tiny bit up!! Keep at it, stay motivated, you CAN DO IT!
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am losing slowly, too. I've been doing this for 10 days shy of two months and I've lost 6.7 lbs. I am not trying to lose a ton of weight, though.. so it's ok if I lose slowly. But it is frustrating to see the scale not move an ounce for 2 weeks.

Last week I was at my wits end because the scale hadn't moved for 2 weeks. Then I lost 3 lbs all of a sudden. It's weird how it works, but don't get discouraged. The scale may not move for a little while but the weight may still come off on its own time :)
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Last week I was at my wits end because the scale hadn't moved for 2 weeks. Then I lost 3 lbs all of a sudden. It's weird how it works, but don't get discouraged. The scale may not move for a little while but the weight may still come off on its own time :)

That has been my norm for the last few months. Ever since I upped my exercise intensity for running! While walking, it was much more even week to week, but not anymore!
  • crisco117
    Options
    I just got on the scale after one week (the first week) and only lost 1#. I have never been more deligent in looking up calories before I ate and planning out my meals. I only do V-shape shake at lunch and have sprinkled by food to death with sensa. So needless to say I was very discourage having thought I had a triple punch going. I am drinking water and have hip problems so I dont exercise.
    Thanks for any help you can give.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!