Time to introduce myself :)

Hi all ....it's time to introduce myself and tell my story! I finally joined MFP in April 2012 but I have been on my weight loss journey since November 2010. I have had a lot of ups and downs with losing weight and I am FINALLY on the right track! I have lost a total of 97 lbs. and I feel GREAT!

I have quite a bit to lose still but the important thing is I am getting there :) My start weight was 420 lbs. and I am now down to 323 lbs. and I am proud of that. My name is Michelle and I am 38 years old and I live in Houston, Texas. I am engaged to a wonderful guy who has loved me for me from the beginning which I am so thankful and blessed.

My goal weight is 170 lbs. so like I said I am far from that but I am getting there and I WILL DO IT!!! Hope to make some friends for support and who I can support as well.

Replies

• iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Welcome! Congrats on the 97lb loss, that's wonderful :)
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Congrats on the 97 pounds lost ! That is wonderful !
  • congratulations! you are doing very well.
    My son is a fitness guy and he just found this a couple years ago and changed his life around. He was probably 40 lbs overweight...
    But he is getting me started on this.
    His best encouragement is that calories are calories. If you watch what you're doing you can lose weight.
    So yesterday I passed up the candy and made bettter choices.
    He has me on losing 1 lb per week. He says slow is better.
    My sister is working on this too and agrees with that. She says she WANTS to lose slow so the lifestyle changes establish themselves along the way. So I have 45 weeks to go.

thanks for the encouragement
  • AngelKH
    AngelKH Posts: 5
    Congrats on the weightloss...that is EXCELLENT!!!
  • That is awesome OnMyWeight73! Keep it up. I would love to be your friend on here so feel free to add me. Anyone else too :o)
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Congratulations on your loss so far :-) welcome to MFP, feel free to add me :-)
  • Thank you to everyone!! This site is wonderful :)