Ran a 5km today and signed up for a 1/2 marathon in sept!

Options
I find running to be the best bang for the buck when it comes to cardio/losing weight. Signing up for the 1/2 marathon provides motivation to keep up with the training - otherwise it will be a painful run!!!

Replies

• dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Running is a great test of cardiovascular fitness. I signed up for my first 5k in early July, but am already doing 5k distances in my training. It feels great.
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm on a waiting list for a local half marathon in June. I wonder if I could just show up anyway?
  • imsleepdeprived
    imsleepdeprived Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

Running is a great test of cardiovascular fitness. I signed up for my first 5k in early July, but am already doing 5k distances in my training. It feels great.

Thanks! I unfortunately did not train for the 5km (recovering from bronchitis) - but I was running with a few ladies who just started running a month ago so it all worked. When i first started running I found moving from 4km - 6km was the hardest!! I ran my first 1/2 in 2008 and i'm hoping to improve on my time this year!
  • kiranicsmom
    kiranicsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I find running to be the best bang for the buck when it comes to cardio/losing weight. Signing up for the 1/2 marathon provides motivation to keep up with the training - otherwise it will be a painful run!!!

That is awesome! I am also running a 1/2 marathon in September. I trained for one in 2010 but my running partner got injured and we decided to walk it together instead. I think walking it was actually harder than running it. Good luck!
  • mdedmonds
    mdedmonds Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hate to run and haven't run for more than a mile since I was in high school. So, what did I do? I made a goal to run a 5k. Doesn't sound like a big deal to many people, but when I weighed 261 pounds, I could barely run a block. Now I'm running regularly and it feels great! I'll run my first 5k at the end of June.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,392 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What a great goal!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I MISS RUNNING!!!! I am so stoked for you! I wanted to sign up for a 1/2 in November, but my plantar fasciitis is just too bad.
    SOOO happy for you and I say GO FOR IT! Love running.....what a rush!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!