5lbs down the fist week?

Options
I am not stranger to MFP however I am curious as I don't think that this has happened before.
I renewed my journey here May 28th! Coming off a bad weekend of Oreo's, chocolate bars and well pretty much anything that was full of sugar and within reach.
I weighed in on the 28th and plan to do a weigh in tomorrow just to keep things weekly. Since I weigh everyday anyway but only record once a week I have been seeing the gradually loss which is exciting YAY! This morning I am at 5lb loss for the week. I know it is not typical and I wasn't trying to lose that much. I actually haven't been exercising much either so this is all diet and staying right at 1290 NET.

So my question is, is this all water weight and it will shoot back up next week? Or could it just be a little easier this time around (in the beginning) since I have already lost this weight before?

Replies

• jehembee
    jehembee Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm going to say that it was likely water weight.
  • kimmberry
    kimmberry Posts: 14
    Options
    My guess would be water weight as well esp if you have eating much healthier this week after coming off a bad week. Just be sure to keep drinking lots of water and watch your sodium intake and you won't gain it all back. Keep up the good work!
  • canadakim17
    canadakim17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It might be water weight, but if you stick to your calorie goal I don't think it will shoot back up...but it will probably stabalize to approx. 2 pounds per week loss! Great Job!!!