if your body feels cold to the touch.....

Options
Does that mean your burning fat? Thats what i have heard. My stomach, love handles, thighs and so on feels cold after i work out. So does that mean im burning fat?

Replies

• megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're not a vampire? :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Never heard about the cold skin/fat burning thing before. Looking forward to someone who knows something answering ...
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're not a vampire? :laugh:

Sorry, couldn't resist. Never heard about the cold skin/fat burning thing before. Looking forward to someone who knows something answering ...
    [/quote

Maybe! Haha...
  • Zaetalicious
    Zaetalicious Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've "heard" this too, but I'm pretty sure its a myth. lol.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i think it's just sweat evaporating
  • Laurla11
    Laurla11 Posts: 54
    Options
    That happens to me too! Not too sure why, but I do notice that it is the areas that contain more fat like my stomach and love handles and such. Found this online, not sure how reputable it is....

Your stomach gets cold when you work out because you are burning calories/losing weight. The fats and carbohydrates get digested much quicker and the blood begins to rush to other organs at a faster rate. Fermetation then kicks in and replaces the oxygen being lost from your blood going elsewhere in your body with lactic acid. The lactic acid will cause both a buring in you abdominales along with a colder feeling on the surface of you stomach.
    hope this helps, BSe

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_your_stomach_get_cold_when_you_exercise#ixzz1wvrhkTeG