NSVs - A list of what I've gotten back

Options
misscristie
misscristie Posts: 643 Member
When I was at my highest weight of 340ish pounds, I couldn't climb a single flight of stairs without getting out of breath. I couldn't sit in a chair without being scared that it might break. I could barely tie my shoes. I had to use a seatbelt extender when I flew and there was no way I was using the fold-out trays. I hated being outside. Shopping was a nightmare. Amusement parks, go carts, etc? Forget it. It goes on and on.

I have lost 122 pounds so far. Here's some of what I've gotten BACK:

1. I can bend over and tie my shoes! I don't have to grab my pants leg and haul my leg up onto my knee.
2. I can cross my legs like a lady.
3. No more seatbelt extenders, I actually have to tighten it around my hips and that tray? No problem!
4. I can sit in a chair with arms and I don't have to worry about picking it up with me when I stand.
5. I have a great tan because I enjoy being outside - walking, hiking, just being - yardwork? notsomuch
6. I can do things with my daughter and don't worry about her being embarrassed.
7. I can shake my booty and sweat, really sweat, without being embarrassed about it.
8. I can take the stairs - 2 at a time some days!
9. I love shopping!! Sure, some things don't fit like I'd like, but it's a process. It will come.

These have all been great NSVs, but I REALLY look forward to what I'm going to do this weekend/next week. We're going to San Francisco for a little R&R and I'm going to walk the Golden Gate Bridge (and ENJOY it!) and....drum roll please... I'm going to ride my first roller coaster in 10 years!!! I'm so freakin excited.

I've posted this pic before, but I'll post it again.

7088245485_abc48cdea2.jpg

If any of you out there are feeling lost or feeling like you can't do this, you can. Don't quit. Don't give up on yourself. Just keep on keepin on and it will happen.

Alright, that's all the mush I have for today. Back to work :)

Replies

• shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Job!!
  • Audddua
    Audddua Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! you look great
  • katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Flippin' awesome!!!
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great work, and truly inspiring! You look AWESOME! Have fun on that roller coaster :bigsmile:
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Nice job!! And I love your lists - shows people things that most don't think about. Congratulations!! You look fabulous!
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing job! You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    this made me tear up. you are truly amazing. :flowerforyou:
  • kristin1125
    kristin1125 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! You look awesome. Congrats on all those NSVs too!!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Thanks for those NSV's! They reminded me most of these hold true for me as well now, even though I'm only a lil' over half way to goal! I SO understand.... GREAT feeling, isn't it?!

One of my favorite things, is to go into a goodwill...and actually be able to rummage through and buy some clothes! I got a cute dress there a week ago for $5! And it was a plain ol' regular size L..... nothin' plus size about it!~ I'm still at the bottem of the plus size/top of the regular size depending upon store and cut of an item...but I used to be at THE top of plus.

Congrats, you look amazing~ :) Your results inspire me! :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    Definately an inspiration, good for you. And what a wonderful example for your daughter. I hope you have the best time on your vacation, you deserve it.
  • Elmorlan
    Elmorlan Posts: 37
    Options
    Congrats! All those things are so much more important than how we look. Now you can LIVE! Have fun on that roller coaster!
  • rainman3k
    rainman3k Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, that list of NSV's is something to be proud of!
  • rovert69
    rovert69 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    way. to. go. :)
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    You are awesome, and I'm proud to have you as a friend! Keep up the great work girl!
  • misscristie
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I think we lose sight of all the little things we accomplish along the way because we are so focused on the end game. It's nice to remind myself sometimes how far I've come.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    YAY for you! That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing and encouraging the rest of us...
  • netra11
    netra11 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Amazing job and very motivational story! This will inspire me on my journey! Thanks
  • misscristie
    Options
    Amazing job and very motivational story! This will inspire me on my journey! Thanks

All of you inspire me every day! That's why I keep on going :)
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    Awesome! Enjoy all things you have been missing!
  • LiveforChange
    LiveforChange Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job! i wish you of ton of luck you can achieve your goal!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!