New Member Looking for Support

Options
Hi everyone! I have tried many different diets over the years and I found this website on Facebook and I thought I'd give it a try. I have been doing it about a week and I lost 1.8 pounds. I guess I am off to an ok start. I am hoping that I will be able to stick to it. Looking for any friends would would like to offer support or who would like receive support. I am hoping this will be a life change journey for me, I definitely need it!!!

<3 Jess

Replies

• DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jess!

I just joined MFP yesterday. Previously, I had been using MyPlate to track my food and exercise but so far I'm liking this site a lot more. I want to lose about 38 pounds and have been working out off and on since October 2011. I'm hoping that I can stick with it this time, so I'm looking for support too!

I just started working out this time last week. I worked out for three days and then was super lazy over the weekend. It's funny, when I have less time during the day, I am all set and rearing to go work out but on weekends when I have all the time in the world, you can't get me up off the couch. I need someone to hold me accountable.
  • Cuddlebug12
    Cuddlebug12 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

I've been here since about April and love getting motivation from others! You can both add me if you want. I'm on maternity leave so I'm on here every day and try to motivate as much as I can!
  • kaylasue_mustlose
    Options
    feel free to add me! just joined yesterday!
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to the fam! :flowerforyou:

Feel free to add me for support if you'd like. We're all in this together and you'll find PLENTY of support and encouragement from us!
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    And congrats on the loss so far! Off to a good start!!!
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, and I'd love to be a support for you. :) Feel free to add me - gosh knows I can use all the support I can get too!
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi All well to MFP. I have been a member for over a year off and on depending how busy I get. please feel free to add me. I'm always here for support where needed! Good luck on all of our journies!:flowerforyou:
  • jfa002
    jfa002 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is something I tell everyone, don't go on a diet, do a lifestyle change. I don't belive that people, not saying you in particular, understand what "diet" really is. A diet is simply put, a lifestyle. So with these fad diets, they are not necessarily good because they are not a complete lifestyle change; unless people plan on living that fad the rest of their lives. Be consciencious of what you do and what you are eating. That is why MFP is great for me. Yes, we will all have "those" days, but we are here to encourage you. Try new healthy foods that you have never tried before. Go to a resturaunt to and try the healthy options and use those meals as inspirations for your home cooking. Veggies, veggies, veggies. I'm trying as well and I found out that I like mediterranian foods such as; hommos, tabbouleh, baba ganouj, and falafel. I also use the nike+ app on my ipod touch to help me get back into running, and on their website they have programs to help people reach their goals as well as a coaching program. The best part of it is that it is FREE!:happy: I also have a heart rate monitor with the chest strap to help me stay within my THR (target heart range). I hope this helps you well.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Jess,
    I joined a 60 dayy challenge on Facebook, one of the requirments was to join this site to record food and exercise. Even though I joined here about 4 weeks ago I never recorded anything before today. I am 55 years old and have always been larger. I have 7 grandchildren (so far) and decided I wanted to be around to dance at their weddings. I joined Curves 2 years ago and slowly lost a few pounds, I never changed my eating habits just worked out 3 times a week for 30 minutes each time. In January of 2011 our Curves brought in the Zumba circuit and let me say it is so darn much fun-now I go at least 4 times a week and sometimes 5 if I can swing it. In the last year I really have noticed a change in my body-not just loosing weight but tightening up too. I have a long way to go but I know I can do it. I also started reading this book called "100 Days to Weight Loss" and I read 1 page a day and do the "mental" exercise in it. It is teaching me how to re-think everything I eat-what it tastes like (gee I haven't been tasting anything for years) how to slow down (yes a fast eater I am)-anyway I have a goal of getting down to 145 lbs, seems almost impossible when I look at how long it will take but that is my goal.
    LaNita
  • JudyL5305
    JudyL5305 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    This is something I tell everyone, don't go on a diet, do a lifestyle change. I don't belive that people, not saying you in particular, understand what "diet" really is. A diet is simply put, a lifestyle. So with these fad diets, they are not necessarily good because they are not a complete lifestyle change; unless people plan on living that fad the rest of their lives. Be consciencious of what you do and what you are eating. That is why MFP is great for me. Yes, we will all have "those" days, but we are here to encourage you. Try new healthy foods that you have never tried before. Go to a resturaunt to and try the healthy options and use those meals as inspirations for your home cooking. Veggies, veggies, veggies. I'm trying as well and I found out that I like mediterranian foods such as; hommos, tabbouleh, baba ganouj, and falafel. I also use the nike+ app on my ipod touch to help me get back into running, and on their website they have programs to help people reach their goals as well as a coaching program. The best part of it is that it is FREE!:happy: I also have a heart rate monitor with the chest strap to help me stay within my THR (target heart range). I hope this helps you well.

So true this is exactly what I say I don't believe in diets but lifestyle changes! WTG!
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Jess,
    one more thing that helps me is to keep a personal food journal-I write everything down that I eat throughout the day-I try to keep the calorie count between 1200-1500 everyday (mostly 1200 a day seems to work best for me.
  • lizzzbrown92688
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just joined a few days ago, and i LOVE the site! Feel free to Add me we can all use more motivation! I want to loose about 35 pounds and Ive already started my new low carb life.

Elizabeth (Liz)