anyone in the same spot??

Options
Just curious... I have lost 21 lbs. and still wear the same size pants. Is this common? I just thought my pants would be getting bigger by now but they still fit exactly the same

Replies

• herwitsend
    herwitsend Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm down 14# and still in the same size pants. The waists are looser...
  • ldalbello
    ldalbello Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That happened to me as well, but once I hit 30 pounds I needed a belt and after that I had to buy smaller pants.
    Mind you I always wore super tight jeans so that may be why.
  • apbush10
    apbush10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    They say for every 20 pounds lost you go down a pant size. There could some fluctuation I guess. Maybe you have lost it in the upper body first. My chest always gets smaller first. Are the pants getting looser in the legs maybe but not the waist?

Annette
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I lost 29 lbs and my pants are just now getting too big but I still don't fit in the next size down :( so it's that awkward stage!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    It took me almost 30 pounds to go down a pant size. But another 10 pounds later I was down another.
    It's really different for some people.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    They say for every 20 pounds lost you go down a pant size. There could some fluctuation I guess. Maybe you have lost it in the upper body first. My chest always gets smaller first. Are the pants getting looser in the legs maybe but not the waist?

Annette

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Since everyone elses response was def. NOT what you had asked. cuz they clearly talked bout their pants gettin looser or bigger on them..
    Um, and I can surely Identify with u on this one.. Ive been working out for 5 months Ive lost some inches no real weight yet and yea my pants still fit the same :/ I was hoping by now to have gone down at least one size but nope.. MAYBE We did lose it other places first :) like the upper body. I know my boobs have gotten alot alot smaller...
  • kristykritter
    Options
    I am down 20 lbs, and still fit in my current pants. They aren't a snug, but I certainly don't need a belt. Hopefully with the next 20 I will need new pants! : )
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've lost 23 pounds and am just barely down a clothing size. Seems like some people would be down 2 by now. Oh well. Peoples bodies just work differently. It'll happen!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to start noticing a difference in my clothing size. Of course, I think I probably started at much higher weight than you did (297lbs), so I had alot of internal fat (on my organs) and excess fluid to lose before it started coming off externally. Also, if you're like me, you lose more weight in one specific area at a time. For me it's (in order):

1. Legs/butt
    2. Upper abdomen
    3. Back/arms
    4. Waist/lower abdomen
    5. Bust

Have you noticed a difference in your shirt size? Are your shirt sleeves fitting loosely? You might be losing weight there first. My suggestion would be, if you haven't already, to start taking head to toe body measurements about every six weeks. This will reflect where you've lost the most inches.
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    I lost 29 lbs and my pants are just now getting too big but I still don't fit in the next size down :( so it's that awkward stage!

I'm in the same boat! 27 lbs down and my pants are finally loose, but when I went shopping, I couldn't find anything that wasn't too big or too tight. :sad:
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm down about 15lbs and still in teh same size. But instead of being tight and almost to the next size up, my pants are now fitting nicely or getting a bit loose and almost to the next size down!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

I'm in the same boat! 27 lbs down and my pants are finally loose, but when I went shopping, I couldn't find anything that wasn't too big or too tight. :sad:

In between sizes is the worst!! :explode:
  • Mary067
    Mary067 Posts: 31
    Options
    I know what you mean. I have lost about 30 pounds and just got into a size smaller. It is frustrating, but I just am glad I finally can see the changes. It was driving me crazy for a while there. We all just gotta keep on keeping on at it.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    According to my scale, I've lost about 10-15 pounds since I bought it several months ago. According to my measurements, I haven't lost any inches, or very few. I never thought it would take a while to get down that pant size.
  • iluv2laugh
    iluv2laugh Posts: 204
    Options
    Just curious... I have lost 21 lbs. and still wear the same size pants. Is this common? I just thought my pants would be getting bigger by now but they still fit exactly the same
    Maybe you just aren't losing that much weight in your legs yet but once you lose a little more you will proabably drop a pants size your probably just losing more weight in the rest of your body lol i have no idea because everyone is different. :D