Daily Calorie Intake

Options
How many calories are you eating per day to lose weight?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1500-1600 a day. That's 1200 calories + most of my exercise calories.
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Started with 1200. Realized I was grumpy and didn't have as much energy to workout. Now i eat 1800. And workout most every day. With energy!
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    1,250! It sounds really low but that's what MFP is telling me to eat :S

I have a really sedentary lifestyle though, and this is my net calories. Exercise and I will eat a bit more.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I average about 1500/day.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    2500. Lift heavy 3 days a week, Lightly active the rest. I do not eat back exercise calories. Already estimated in.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    1200 to start plus MOST of the exercise calories ..... I eat dinner after work & the gym ..... so it depends on how late I get home ........
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    3000. Sometimes more.
  • mmreed
    mmreed Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I set 1900 as my food intake for the day.

I do not add back in any exercise calories - I track only food consumption on MFP.
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    My goal per day is 1,600.... I eat that plus exercise calories as well on days I work out.
  • bookfaery
    bookfaery Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    1400. Not working out at present, so I don't log exercise calories.
  • terrirz
    terrirz Posts: 53
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

I eat according to what this site says, it figures out your BMR and TDEE...so I eat 2194. I dont eat back my excersise calories on most days unless Im really hungry..
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    1750 net.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    2100-2400.....I follow the guidelines on fattofitradio.com. I eat maintenance for my goal weight of 170. I don't eat back exercise calories, since those are already calculated in to my activity level. I have enough energy to workout and keep up with life & I'm losing more now that I changed to this plan (had plateaued on 1500-1800 calories a day).
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    1600-1800, but I NET 1410.
    I eat back almost all of my exercise cals. I also try to look at my weekly totals, because on days that I burn 800 cals or more, I really struggle to eat them, but I have high and low workout days, so I might be "over" some days and "way under" others.
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    2000-2100 usually a little more on the weekend. Netting 1600-1800. I started at 1200 net and have bumped up many times to where I am at now.
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1400-1500 net.

This will change once I am down to my maintenance weight. I have 10 more lbs to go!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    1200, and when I exercise I will occasionally eat back those calories, if I'm hungry.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Goal is 1560, before exercise which is usually 415 Mon - Fri (when I go to the gym) and 130 on Sat - Sun (when I just walk the dog). As long as I am over 1200 Net and under the goal I am happy.
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    thanks to all of you for sharing!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I just checked - for last week, I ate an average of 1500 calories a day and burned 2340 calories per day (including my BMI).