Tuna Steaks

Options
sjbraiqz
sjbraiqz Posts: 10
I'm making a tuna steak for dinner tonight and I was just wondering if anyone had an suggestions on how to spice it up. So far, my plan is to bake it plain. lol.

Replies

• splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I may just pour a little bit of red wine vinegar over it afterwards.

I pour vinegar over everything! It hardly contains any calories, is carb, sugar and sodium free!

Or I would sprinkle some salt-free 'garlic and herb' spices over it before cooking.

Just make sure you don't overcook the tuna. Leave it a little bit pink inside or it'll be too dry :)
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    A little course grain mustard spread across the top of the tuna steak then cooked/grilled is very tasty
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I've never had a Tuna Steak, but I've always wanted to try one! Sounds yummy!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Herb encrusted: use fresh herbs- coriander and basil plus some garlic, dried chili and coriander seeds. Chop/Grind up, add lemon juice and salt and peppe, baste the tuna with this mixturer. Sear the steaks in an oil rubbed pan (griddle pan is great if you have one) - v hot 60 secs each side. Should still be pink in the middle. Gorgeous!
  • AthenaErr
    AthenaErr Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oh actually key thing is dont bake it. Tuna gets dry really easily. Fry it v quick and v hot. Its ok if the inside is still pink (thats how it should be).
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I have made them I simply add a little salt and pepper and grill it in a frying pan and it is usually pretty tasty. Seasonings are a god send :)