Breakfast Alternatives

Options
ladyace15
ladyace15 Posts: 88 Member
Okay, so I'm not really big on eating breakfast in the morning, but I do know that is the most important meal of the day! Does anyone ever drink the Carnation Instant Breakfast or do you know of any other options in drink form? Thanks Everyone

Replies

• bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    my new FAVORITE find: http://www.odwalla.com/good-products/proteins

I love the Protein Monsters. They keep me full until lunch.
  • ladyace15
    Options
    I'm checking it out now! Thanks :-)
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I find them to be the best protein shake I have ever had. 25G of protein! The fact they fill me up until 12-1PM is amazing!!!
  • concavity
    concavity Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love the Carnation vanilla powder and the malt one, I only use half in a full glass of almond milk.
    Also I eat snack foods for breakfast like Peanut butter rice cakes with banana or jelly.
    There is always ensure but I don't like the flavor of it.
  • MaybeAMonkey
    MaybeAMonkey Posts: 247
    Options
    I used to religiously drink Carnation for breakfast with soy milk, but then I noticed that there was too much sugar in it for me. I haven't tried the sugar-free version yet (I hate that I can't find it in the big tubs, I don't want to be wasteful with the individual packets). I did protein shakes for a week and liked them, but I was concerned because a lot of them are high in cholesterol. I've been having a small yogurt with pumpkin flax granola (found at Costco) for breakfast lately, it helps hold me over till lunchtime without making me feel groggy. Let us know what you find that you like for breakfast! :-)
  • rageblackouts
    rageblackouts Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Definitely going to try some of these suggestions. I'm not big on breakfast either. Thanks for the tips!
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast I sometimes just save my calories for another meal. Or I have a bagel thin with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream cheese for less than 150cals or a banana. But again no matter what I eat for breakfast I'm hungry like an hour later.
  • Becks20vt
    Becks20vt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I drink a myprotein MRP. 300 cals and 40g of protein. Excellent start to my day
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I'm not really big on eating breakfast in the morning, but I do know that is the most important meal of the day! Does anyone ever drink the Carnation Instant Breakfast or do you know of any other options in drink form? Thanks Everyone

I don't think you know what you think you know...
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat breakfast, you don't need to.
  • ladyace15
    Options

I don't think you know what you think you know...

I do know that this response did not answer my question, but it's all good :-)
  • ladyace15
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all of these different alternatives, I really appreciate it :-)
  • VWilson_Momoftwinsplus1
    Options
    Whatever you decide to have for breakfast, be sure it's high in protein and low in sugar. Glycemic index is a weight loss factor.
  • HideNGeek
    HideNGeek Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake for breakfast:
    1 scoop choc or strawberry protein powder
    125g Greek yogurt
    100ml Skim milk
    1 banana
    Some ice cubes

Blend together, it's tasty, and super filling :)
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I had the Carnation breakfast bars years ago, but not lately. I have never tried the drinks. I can't stand to eat breakfast. I force myself to have my whey protein with water and I try hard to eat an apple. I am not usually successful with the apple.
    My husband drinks Boost with protein every morning. I don't know how that compares with Carnation.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I make a nummy smoothie... a handful of blueberries, about 4 strawberries (I do frozen strawberries & blueberries, then I don't need to add ice), a handful of spinach, 1 cup of almond milk and a banana. It's easy, inexpensive and tastes good. You can add in other things too I'm sure if you want. It keeps me full all morning.
  • ladyace15
    Options
    YUMMY!!!!!!!!! You all are making me look forward to breakfast a little more!!! Thanks:drinker:
  • Lovdiamnd
    Lovdiamnd Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I do a piece of 45 calorie bread with an egg or 1 tbs of natural peanut butter (no sugar)
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Whatever you decide to have for breakfast, be sure it's high in protein and low in sugar. Glycemic index is a weight loss factor.

^^this. Do not get used to eating a bunch of sugar in the morning. And there is especially no reason to start drinking something sugary like carnation instant breakfast. That's junk food!

Now, it's true you're better off eating breakfast than skipping it (unless you're on some sort of specific fasting diet plan). But you might as well eat healthy for breakfast. Ditch the fake processed junk food and eat real food.