I'm nauseous after almost every meal

Options
...and I don't know why. I never throw up and I don't feel bad until the last bite or a few minutes after. I don't think it's acid reflux because it doesn't burn and nothing feels like it's trying to come up. I went to an allergist a few months ago because I was always sick after eating eggs, peanut butter and milk but nothing came up and it's very unlikely that I develop something against those as an adult. I just had a tortilla with grilled chicken in it (and nothing else) and ughhhh.

Any ideas?:frown:

Replies

• IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    :(

sounds like some sort of digestive issue. Have you kept a log of eating and nauseous feelings to see if you can find a pattern? Have you tried eliminating anything out of your diet? How recently did this start?

p.s.
    if you're a lady, you're not preggo, are you?
  • astorminside
    astorminside Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i had the same thing and i didn't think it was acid reflux but i went to the doctor and he said it was SILENT acid relux. who knew? he prescribed me a pill and it immediately went away after taking it the first time.

of course everyone is different but maybe you should go to the doctor if this lasts a long time.
    good luck!
  • xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I haven't tracked what foods I ate when I got nauseous but I guess I should start now. I knew enough to pinpoint the eggs, peanut butter and milk. Sometimes I can get by with those, though.

I think it started about 6 months ago and I went to the allergist about a month ago. It's not a HUGE deal, but it's unnerving having to run from my desk to the bathroom. I'm usually fine again within 30 minutes.

And I'm a lady but no chance of being pregnant.

Is there any chance this is what a gluten issue sounds like? I feel like I'm generally okay with bread and such, though. I am frequently tired and despite fixing an iron and hypothyroid issue, that hasn't changed. I'm wondering if it's connected.
  • astorminside
    astorminside Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i thought maybe my issue was with gluten. they can test you at an allergist by taking blood. the test for me came back negative, but i tried a gluten free diet anyway. it was surprisingly easy.

obviously it didn't help at all because that wasn't the issue lol