Light a fire under my butt!

Options
I'm down 10% from my highest. For the last couple of weeks I've been losing focus and my weight has been static. I REFUSE to plateau this early in the game, so I had some "after" pics taken.

Hit me with your best shot, guys! Encourage, critique (constructively, of course), whatever, but help me get excited about this again.

Sometime last August, around 270:

20497790_818_thumb.jpg

Now, 247:

20497790_2988_thumb.jpg

There are more angles/larger versions in my profile.

Replies

• HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well, I can't believe you got no response!

I've only been on mfp one week, so this is my first reply to anyone.

First, WTG on losing 23 lbs!!! I wish I had that loss [out from] under my belt! ;)

I looked through your food diary and it seems like you are eating a lot of carbs. When I did weight training (ever so long ago), I followed the advice to eat 40% carbs / 40% protein / 20% fat and it really helped to keep me feeling satisfied (if only I had kept it up! :P)

Your actual "eaten" ratio seems to be more like 44% carbs / 23% protein / 33% fat.

Also, carbs and protein contain 4 calories/gram v. fat which is 9 calories/gram -- so any fats are already 2.25x more calories than the others. More calories/gram = less volume to fill you.

Try switching your ratio to 40% carbs / 40% protein / 20% fat and see if that helps. :) Keep up the good work, it will come!
  • HausfrauB
    HausfrauB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    P.S. I like your profile pic pose. :)
  • iturtlewax
    iturtlewax Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Change it up! Like eat breakfast for dinner and dinner for breakfast. Or ADD more exercise.

YOU are on a roll. Don't lose steam. I HATE plateaus!!!!!!!!!! Don't go there if you don't have to :)

Sending you positive energy!!
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    There is definitely a big difference! You can do it!!!!
  • skinnyeascolady
    skinnyeascolady Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    great job. there is a great difference. That hard work shows:smooched: :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!