what to do, to burn the most calories

Options
Can anyone recommend some high calorie burning workouts? All i have at home in terms of equipment is a treadmill. From reading the threads, i understand that i have to burn more than 1200 calories a day, correct? (That is my daily intake goal).

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sckayce09
    sckayce09 Posts: 9
    Options
    Zumba!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Yes, you want to burn more than you take in but keep in mind you are burning calories all day long, not just while exercising. HIIT on the treadmill is a great calorie burner.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend some high calorie burning workouts? All i have at home in terms of equipment is a treadmill. From reading the threads, i understand that i have to burn more than 1200 calories a day, correct? (That is my daily intake goal).

Thanks in advance

Your body burns calories just to keep you alive. You do not have to burn more than 1200 calories a day. Get your body moving. Nothing wrong w/ a treadmill. Does it have an incline feature? Walk and increase the incline, that burns more than just walking on the level surface. I have a treadmill as well, but it is an Incline Trainer, has a higher incline than a regular but other than that, it's all I use. Keep in mind that the more you burn, the more you'll need to eat to fuel your body... You do not want to net below 1200 calories, so you can eat 1900 and burn 700 and be at a healthy net.
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Google HIIT routines for the treadmill. Theres a lot of articles that can describe it better than I could.
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Running for sure. If your not a runner you can build up to it by training for a 5k. I did that by getting an app on my phone called C25K. It will gradually build you up to running longer distances.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Run!

I ran 10 miles today and burned over 1100 calories in an hour and 15 minutes.
  • harleyluvva
    harleyluvva Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Zumba! Zumba! Zumba!:bigsmile:
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    1200 is your daily allowance to lose weight at about 2lbs a week not including any exercise. If you exercise its gets added to your 1200 allowing you to eat more calories in that day i.e you burn 500 calories your daily allowance is 1700.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Run.

it is the ONLY exercise that I am able to burn over 10 calories a minute. I'm fairly small though, so my burns are low.
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    From reading the threads, i understand that i have to burn more than 1200 calories a day, correct? (That is my daily intake goal).

Thanks in advance

Do you mean that you plan on eating 1200 calories per day and burning off 1200 calories per day through exercise? Because that would be incorrect.
  • mom2lynn
    mom2lynn Posts: 4
    Options
    Zumba! You can easily burn 750 calories or more in an hour, AND it's fun! :)
  • tobykang
    tobykang Posts: 24
    Options
    Plyometrics. Look up jump box training as well..anything where you're keeping your heart rate up and doing intervals helps :)
  • imara125
    imara125 Posts: 13
    Options
    Running is a great way to burn calories. If you go at a steady pase for 20/30min. You can burn a lot. Also you may notice that you continue to sweat after you finish running and this is because you are still burning calories. Try running with a friend, for support and motivation to go fatser and longer than they are going.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    From reading the threads, i understand that i have to burn more than 1200 calories a day, correct? (That is my daily intake goal).

Thanks in advance

Do you mean that you plan on eating 1200 calories per day and burning off 1200 calories per day through exercise? Because that would be incorrect.

^this. you need to net 1200 calories. so whatever you burn through exercise you are allowed to eat. for example, burn 500 calories through exercise, eat 1700... 1700-500=1200

but I don't even suggest you netting 1200 calories unless you are very short. figure out your BMR and net that.
  • Karrimae
    Karrimae Posts: 3
    Options
    1200 is your intake goal for food. What that means is you should eat at least 1200 calories in order to keep your body from going into starvation mode. Go to tools, then BMR. This will calculate how many calories your body burns at rest each day. Burning 1200 calaries a day in excercise is a lot! haha.
    Jump rumping, running, and swimming burn a lot of calories. Go to the exercise tab and look at all the different types of exercises listed & look at how many calories each one burns. That will help you get an idea of what you will want to do.
    Good luck.
  • cholibear
    cholibear Posts: 86
    Options
    HIIT on a treadmill works wonders...i.e. walking two mins, run 45 seconds..repeat.

If you don't want to do that try the treadmill on incline. Yesterday I walked at 3.2 mph for less than 10 mins but had the incline as high as it would go and burned over 100 calores. Definitely a quick burn, and you can challenge yourself as you build tolerance.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Go on tools on here, BMR calculator and see what your BMR is. Thats the calories your body uses to just stay alive. Above that everything you do is extra calories... Youd kill yourself trying to burn 1200 through exercise everyday! Just set your lbs to lose a week goal, your activity level and mfp will tell you how much to eat daily to achieve that! X
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Don't burn 1200 calories unless you plan on eating at least 2400 calories in a day! Holy cow, your body needs fuel. Your NET cals should not fall below 1200 calories. If you exercise, try to keep it around 1500-1600 calories (intake). Otherwise, you're going to run out of fuel and find yourself binging like mad or plateauing. Neither of which you want. Mega calorie burns are typically followed by mega hunger if you haven't fueled up properly. Good luck!!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump