30 year old mommy of 2

Options
Hi i am a 30 year old mommy of 2 beautiful girls with developmental disorders (autism) so its just the 3 of us and this Mommy is tired of being overwieght. It has just been in the last 2 yeara that I have let myself get to tbis point. I put all of my energy and time into my girls and have forgotten about taking care of myself

I am 5'11 and weigh and embarasing 172 pounds. My goal is 130 to 125!

Replies

• prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    friend me! I'm a 30 year old mommy of one...I'm shorter and have more to lose, but we can motivate each other!
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Good for you! :)
  • MileyClimb
    MileyClimb Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    you both can friend me. I'm 37 years old single mom of 1 daughter
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't think being 5'9" and weighing 172 is anything to be embarrassed about. I'm 5'5" and weigh 175 and I don't feel like I'm huge but I know I'm not thin either.
  • LLL2003
    LLL2003 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is a normal BMI weight for someone your height. Our bodies do change a lot after a few kids & stress. I bet it won't take you long to loose the weight.
    Friend me if you'd like, the more support the better :)
  • Katrina1223
    Katrina1223 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    We're all here to support you, but 125lbs-130lbs is wayyyy too thin for your height! Your ideal weight should be around 155lbs for 5ft 11 in. :-)
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    5'11" and 125-130lbs is not right.
    My wife is same height as you and rocks 165...nicely. Get some weight training and clean up the diet and I bet you will be pleased with just a few pounds gone.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Man. I'm 5'7", and my goal weight is 170... for someone that is 5'11", that's pretty darn good. I definitely would not call it embarrassing.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. 43 year old single mom of a teenager girl (ugh the teenage years) lol. Good luck
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Just to let you know at 5'11, you are not that overweight at your current weight at your goal weight seems quite low for 5'11..
  • JordanandJacque
    JordanandJacque Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 31 and started at 174. I have lost 12 pounds so far. It's been over a four month period of time, but I want to do this as a lifestyle change and not a yoyo diet. I would love to be your friend and give each other support.