New to MFP and I really need some support

Options
Hi everyone,

I decided to join my fitness pal after hearing so many success stories from friends and relatives. I've recently lost a lot of weight in the past which I have now gained almost all of it back. I'm ideally looking to start by losing about 10lbs and going from there.

I admit I can be really unmotivated and give in quite easily sometimes...but that was the old me! I need to do this NOW before my weight starts creeping up to an even higher number and it's even harder to get it off.

I do suffer from binge eating disorder and this is what really makes me put on the pounds obviously, it's when I get stressed and I feel so out of control that I shove all kinds of bad and unhealthy foods in my mouth, I'm starting to do yoga and other relaxation exercises to curb this stress though.

I would absolutely love it if I could have some extra support and encouragement on this site and I will do my best to offer it to anyone who might need it too!

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me :-)
  • Kathleen_Hays
    Options
    MyFitnessPal has been very helpful to me, and you are free to add me as a friend for support! Just keep logging on, and it really helps to know how many calories you're consuming and how many you're burning each day. Welcome, and happy losing!:flowerforyou:
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    While I don't always binge eat on a daily basis I def have had issues with it more so before than now. I would be glad to lend a hand whenever you feel the need so add me if you'd like!
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    Welcome feel free to add me :)
  • nibblypig
    nibblypig Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi - feel free to add me :)
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Add me if you want. Been going for 90 days and lost about 15 lbs. so far. Still having a hard time adjusting to the foods I "shouldn't" eat but each day at a time! Love to have support and success stories from others, just makes me feel better.