just joined

Options
I just joined today. I recently gained 30 pounds after losing my job and have decided that summer is not the best time to be overweight. I am going to start "watching what I eat" but I really have to will power or motivation so I thought joining a group would be the best thing for me... I guess what I am saying is I really need some cheerleaders : ) I haven't really gone through the site yet so I don't know what to expect or how to add friends etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Replies

• lindar11201
    lindar11201 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just joined yesterday and have about 35 lbs to lose myself. I'll add you as a friend and we can cheer each other along! :happy:
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. MFP is great. Feel free to add me as a friend. Its easy to navigate the site... just poke around abit. If there's anything I can help with just email me. Sheila...
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    I'll add you, we have the best cheerleaders on here. Good luck on your journey.
  • iheartredsox80
    iheartredsox80 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is say to yourself, YES I CAN, and if you have a bad day, wake up the next day and try to do better! Change doesnt happen overnight but think at the end of the summer you'll weigh less than you did at the beginning! Good luck you can do this! WE CAN HELP! :)
  • dinkyt
    dinkyt Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi
    I lost 21lb on the Cambridge Diet and switched to MFP five weeks ago and I've lost a further 8lb
    I can highly recommend MFP I've no willpower either but this is really helping
    Good luck
  • grateful120
    grateful120 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So glad you are starting your journey to health. :flowerforyou: I will be there for you!
  • mariemomof4
    Options
    Great!!! Thanks : )
  • mariemomof4
    Options
    thank you so much!! I see you just joined this year... have you lost all your weight since joining? good for you and share your secrets:happy:
  • fairbanksmommy
    fairbanksmommy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have been a member for awhile, but have not been consistent. I am definitely in need of some cheerleaders as well and would like to cheer others on. Feel free to add me!
  • DanandAbimummy
    Options
    Hi, I have just joined about 5 mins ago. Have got 28lbs to lose and a BMI to lower. Good luck with your journey xx
  • mariemomof4
    Options
    well i started replying to each individual post but it doesn't look like it happened that way... anyway.. THANK YOU everyone!! i really hope i can make this work:happy:
  • Woly
    Woly Posts: 26
    Options
    I'll be a cheerleader! Add me everyone!
  • michellehuber
    Options
    Just joined myself today, thought I could use a little extra help in reaching my goal.