Wow so glad I found this site!

Options
After sooo much money wasted on other websites - especially Weight Watchers - I found MFP yesterday and I so glad I did!
Just reading the Successes Board is major motivation enough to get me going...

I recently broke through a huge mental barrier to even begin, but I finally started on the journey to lose baby weight from my last 3 back to back pregnancies - have about 50 lbs to lose and I am actually excited! I know this website will help, I am truly thankful for it!

Replies

• Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me, you will get lots of support on here :-)
  • Woly
    Woly Posts: 26
    Options
    Yeah this site is great! I'll add you, we can keep each other motivated!
  • JS70
    JS70 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have tried other things like Weight Watchers in the past too. This site is really a way to change your lifestyle and keep track of what you eat. As long as you keep track of your calories and your exercise, it really works! I started a year ago and the support on here is amazing! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It will come & you will find so much support here, feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    This site is great. Feel free to add me. Good luck!
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    :D Welcome aboard! I'm new too, hoping this place keeps me focused. Feel free to add me if you want some more support! (We Mommies gotta stick together, right?)
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    There's TONS of support here!! Feel free to add me!!
  • Stargirlsmiles88
    Stargirlsmiles88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me...this site is wonderful :)
  • josiecowboy69
    Options
    Feel free to add me, also. I love MFP, people are so supportive on here.
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Welcome - I will forever owe the person that showed me this site! (Thanks T)
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! I was paying that weight watchers fee every month since 2002 and I have struggled to get below my pre-baby weight for the last 6 years. I've tried a bunch of fad diets and cleanses and they may knock off a few pounds here or there (that often come back), but there is something different about myfitnesspal. I find the little message when you complete your journaling for the day (if every day were like today, you'd weigh xxx in 5 weeks!) to be so inspiring. The very first time I finished journaling I thought "Really??? No way" because the number it was giving me was slightly below that invisible barrier -- that number that I just could not get below since 2006. Sure enough, five weeks later I was exactly where myfitnesspal told me I'd be. So exciting. If I'm to believe my good ole fitness pal, in another 5 weeks, I think I might be legitatemly and undeniably thin.

I also love that you can see how you're doing in terms of vitamins an nutrients. It has really helped me completely change my eating habits (which I'm hoping will = long-term/ permanent results). I'm actually looking forward to my next physical.

I love love love this site.
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I think there are so many of us on here that feel the same way~ WW worked for me for a while in the previous programs they had but not anymore- MFP is my best friend!
    Feel free to add me and you will get tons of support here - this is a great group!
  • CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!:) Feel free to add me as well and we can support each other!:) I think diet and exercise is one part of the battle, but having supportive friends, help and comfort is also part of it!:)
  • rebrcca3434
    Options
    I so agree with you. I just downloaded the iPhone app and then realized the whole community and website aspect weeks later. Kind of like a lifestyle change Facebook. Anyways welcome!
  • LisaAnn_37
    LisaAnn_37 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :happy: I love this site! Add me too if you like!
    I love being motivational to my fellow MFP ers so anyone can feel free to add me!
  • missywill1
    missywill1 Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome, I am fairly new too, you can add me if you like!:flowerforyou:
  • initforlife_clc
    Options
    Welcome! You found a great place :)
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    thats the exact same way I felt when I found this site almost two months ago!.. Welcome, and good luck losing those 50 lbs :smile:
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!! This website is the best!!! I initially discovered it on my phone last year and realized quickly that it was much more than just an app.

Good luck on your weight loss journey :)
  • cynthiam80
    cynthiam80 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is exactly how I felt when I came across it! I have been more succesful with this program than Weight Watchers. I have lost almost twenty pounds in two months. Welcome and wish you the best =)