Old Pictures the Most Painful?

Options
I get really depressed when looking at pictures of myself before my weight gain... It makes me more depressed than almost anything! Anybody else feel this way, and how do you keep a positive mindset?

Replies

• Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I totally mis-read that, /facepalm.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Try to look at it as a goal not as a 'reminder of days of old'. I lost weight prior to pregnancy and spent the last 10 years 30 pounds heavier, so I understand how looking 'back' at photos can hurt a bit. But you gotta turn it around! Put a pic of you NOW and a pic of you THEN on the fridge and work work work to get back there! YOU CAN!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight pretty much since I was a teen, so I have very few "old pictures" that depress me other than the fact that no adult pictures of me in reasonably good physical condition exist. And THAT, my friends, is depressing.

I'm in the best physical condition of my life, and I'm on the "wrong" side of 40. Imagine what 20-year-old me might have been able to accomplish if he wasn't morbidly obese.
  • Vicki66C
    Vicki66C Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I look at pictures of myself as I was four years ago at a size 10. It is depressing to know that I was once a size 10 and am now back up to a 16-18. The other thing that depresses me is all the summer clothes that I have that I literally can not fit into. All my cute size 12 shorts, sit in a plastic tub

I am at an "all time feel worst about myself funk" right now. It's all because of how I allowed myelf to get once again. I was very recently in a wedding and as I am looking at the pictures and seeing how badly I let myself get, it really depresses me. I look at the pictures in disbelief that I could not see for myself how much weight I had gained.

Right now I have a choice - to buy new clothes or to work harder than ever to not only fit into the clothes I have, but to feel better about myself. I have placed one of the pictures that I dislike in my phone so that I can look at it as a reminder of how I do not want to look. I should post it here as my profile but I'm still afraid of what others will think because it's not the person I want to be.

I wish I could give you advise for motivation and a positive mindset. I am struggling with those things too. I keep reading posts here in hopes that it will keep the momentum going for me. Good luck to you!
  • chelsa1986
    chelsa1986 Posts: 71
    Options
    I get really depressed looking at my old, "fat pictures"; remembering how unhappy I was is really upsetting. I also behaved differently and was extremely negative.

I think we should focus on living in the present. Forget the past, don't look to the future. You're in the now, now is exciting! Now is when you're changing your life forever! Go current you!
  • kruegekm
    kruegekm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. When I first lost a bunch of weight, I felt so good and took tons of pictures. Then I gained it back, and I hate looking at those photos. Almost more than looking at the ones where I look fat. Ugh.

I try to stay focused on the day-to-day and remember that if I did it once, my body remembers, and can do it again.