No oil, no fry chicken recipes

Options
delonda1
delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
So what are your favorite chicken recipes that don't include oil or frying it?? I've been trying to find some new delicious ways of making it

Replies

• katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I saute chicken breasts in a non-stick pan (spray the pan if you want, but you don't have to) - season the breasts with whatever (my favorite right now is Penzy's Mitchell Street seasoning mix) - at the end, i add about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar & cook down for 2 minutes - keeps the breasts nice & juicy - gives a beautiful glaze on the chicken breasts - and maybe only another 10 calories (depending on how thick the glaze gets).

as a side note - after that, i take the chicken out to rest & cook some peppers & onions in the pan (with grape tomatoes thrown in, if i've got them) - season with garlic salt - about 3 minutes - serve together.
  • kristybenner
    kristybenner Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    KATWARL I LOVE IT. I DO THAT AS WELL BUT USE CHICKEN STOCK. BUT GOOD IDEA TO THROUGH IN THE VEGGIES ON A HOT SEASONED PAN. I ALWAYS GET ANOTHER PAN AND COOK THEM IN.

I THROUGH IN FROZEN CHICKEN BREAST AND A CAN OF ENCHILLADA SAUCE ON LOW FOR 6 HOURS AND SHRED. I MAKE SALADS AND LOW FAT BURRITOS FOR A FEW DAYS AND ITS HEALTHY.
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Grilled, rotisseried, baked, or even microwaved, seasoning is the main thing. Poultry seasoning, cayenne, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder or garlic salt are some that I use. I also use olive oil for most recipes and have found Pam to be a great way to control the amount of oil used.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I use a grill pan to brown chicken breasts...you dont need oil. Then saute peppers and onions and spices to make chicken fajitas.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    My favorite chicken dish is:

Tsp of Olive Oil
    Peppers
    Onions
    Courgettes
    Chicken Breast
    Passata
    Chopped Tomatoes with Juice
    Paprika
    Chilli Powder
    Black Pepper
    Mixed Herbs
    Brown Rice

In a pan, you want to heat up the brown rice. I try to make a big batch of chicken stock from left over carcasses over a few weeks. Last lot I made, I filled three ice cream tubs up and last me a while. It can take a while for brown rice to become soft, so make sure you start this before you cook anything else.

I put the Olive Oil in a dish with the onions, peppers and courgettes. Don't dice them or anything, just cut them into strips, except for the courgettes, you want them in cubes or chunks. Let them bake in the oven. Put the chicken breast in tin foil and season with Marjoram and baked, want to allow the juices to be locked into the chicken.

Once they are all almost cooked, heat up the passata in a pan and add in about 1/3 tsp paprika powder, 1/3 tsp chilli powder some black pepper and mixed herbs. Once the veggies and chicken is cooked, cut up the chicken breast into strips and add it to the sauce and just simmer for a little while. The rice might not be done, so let the sauce simmer until the rice is done.

I really enjoy this dish and I make it for me and mom once every week or so. If you enjoy a little more spice, add more paprika and chilli powder.