5'10 Women

Options
Anyone with similar stats out there??

Height: 5'10 (70 inches)
Weight: 156lbs
Goal: 144lbs

I'm interested to know if anyone has tried the 'eat more to lose more' method. As in, calculated their BMR and TDEE for their goal weight and activity level and eaten those calories? You can do it here - http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

If I were to do that I'd be eating approx. 2300 calories a day and supposedly losing! I love the sound of it, but am scared to try as I have a girls beach holiday in 3 weeks time and can't afford a gain before then!

Replies

• watters87
    watters87 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, started at 180 currently weigh about 150.. and I eat roughly 1500-2000 calories a day.

I mean, it takes 4 weeks before you see a change in any plan you do.. so if you do gain, it prob. won't be much and if it is, then just change it back.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, 155 (@ goal and still losing slowly). Starting out I ate around 1420 calories, but after reading about "eating more to lose" I upped my calories to 1650 to get out of plateau to reach my goal. Still kept up with cardio and strength training but not that I'm at goal I don't workout as much as I did before. I try to get about 3-4 days a week in. Right now I'm up around 1820 calories/day.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, 148lbs and am thinking I'm at my ideal weight but would like to decrease body fat and increase lean muscle. Currently, I am eating 1,760 cals on rest days and about 2,060 on days I exercise. I could probably increase by 300 if I wanted to though since I included a 300 cal deficit in my original calorie goal and don't really want to lose weight anymore. Gives me a little wiggle room, so to speak.
  • mamacita903
    mamacita903 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and currently 210. At my lowest (healthily) I was 160 and when I started eating right again in October and working out with a trainer last December I was 235. Due to my weight I was pretty low cal the first 2 months (i.e. 1300-1400 daily) but when I started training I plateaued (i don't use that word lightly LOL) because I was burning so much more and not upping my calories. Once I upped my calories to 1600-1800 on workout days and kept it close to 1400 on non-workout days, with one High cal (2,000) day a week eating clean the weight magically started falling off. I'd say being your height and since you are already within a healthy weight range upping cals may help you. One thing my trainer recommended (and I've heard other health pros say this as well) is to increase your cals by 10%. And if you start losing or maintain after about 2 weeks up it again by 10%. The gradual increase helps you determine what cal intake is best for you, your metabolism and lifestyle.