Ways to make you "poop" regularly?

Options
124»

Replies

• kcgager
    kcgager Posts: 1
    Options
    Ground Flax (put in oatmeal or smoothies), Raw ACV (like Braggs) and lots of water!
  • onequirkygirl
    onequirkygirl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Flaxseed
    Chia seeds
    Strawberries
    Apples
    No bready stuff unless its high fiber

Have one of each and call me in the morning. ;)
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    F I B R E
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    -Apple every morning. I found low cal apple juice (25 cals per serving) but it doesnt seem to be as helpful.
    -Swimming
    -Avoiding cheese
    -Butt secks
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    ...if push comes to shove...

Wow, you really went there! :laugh:
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Veggies, fiber bars, water.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    I agree with the water, veggies and fruit. Make a spinach and kale smoothie too if you can.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I need to take Fiber Capsules ( 100% Natural Psyllium) with plety of water of it could pose a worse problem. I take stool softener and Senna-S. Fresh fruits and vegitables and exercise of course. I eat prunes too. They say hot prune juice works very well. Also olive oil.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of old fashioned oats (NOT the quick oats), 1 cup water. Boil 3 minutes. Add one cup mashed berries and sweetener if you like it. Take one Beano tablet before you eat it.
    You'll be regular if you eat this daily for breakfast. It's filling and good for you too!
  • aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    You could reduce your meat intake, as meat is very constipating. It takes a very long time to digest.
  • astorminside
    astorminside Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    LAXATIVES

obviously laxatives work :)
    there are good food options that help but if they really end up not helping and you want to take a laxative, make sure it's labeled "natural"
    i used to use a natural laxative that was root beer flavored. i can't remember the brand but it worked really well with no weird side effects.
    best of luck :)
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I put chia seeds in my yogurt to get more fiber. Coffee, Fiber One bars, oatmeal, fruit, vegetables have already been mentioned.
    Exercise has the opposite effect on me. I don't know why. During the week I go to work and sit at my desk and drink my coffee and I'm not as regular as I want to be but I can go. During the weekends I don't get that sit and drink coffee time and I won't go all weekend. It was getting frustrating on long weekends. Now I take a couple Swiss Kriss on Saturday nights to make sure things keep moving. It's a very gentle, very mild herbal laxative. It's much easier on my system than a regular stimulant laxative. It's not something for everyday use but it's good occasionally. It's especially useful if you're recovering from surgery or if you're on painkillers. It gets things moving again but without being harsh.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do first is figure out WHY you're constipated and address that. Common reasons for persistent constipation can include food intolerances and thyroid problems. Your situation may be different from mine but you might want to keep my story in mind...

I had persistent "poop" problems for quite awhile, and also had frequent headaches and outright migraines. People kept saying I needed more FIBER. I could down 40-50g of fiber and 16 cups of water per DAY only to have the problem get WORSE. o.0

Finally noticed that my symptoms became more severe after eating high fiber cereals. I knew I had a problem with cowmilk causing headaches, so switched to soy or almond milk. Still had the constipation/headache thing though. The last straw was when I tried a big bowl of Fiber One cereal... I had a migraine within an hour and couldn't "go" for almost 5 days.

When I told my doctor she blurted out "GLUTEN INTOLERANCE - stop all wheat and gluten exposure for a month and see what happens. Since you know you have a problem with cowmilk stop that too. " Whaddya know, when I eliminated those 2 foods my situation improved considerably within 5 days. After a month I tried my beloved Greek yogurt (cowmilk, unfortunately) and WHAM! Problem! A few weeks after that I had some regular (wheat based) spaghetti for dinner at someone's house and WHAM! Problem!

After multiple (often accidental) experiments there is no doubt that I can't have those 2 food groups, which sucks because so many American meals use wheat and cowmilk. I now use gluten-free products, almond milk for "milk", and sheep or goat milk yogurts. It's a bit harder and more expensive - but the difference in my HEALTH has proven worth it.

So it's a good idea to find the cause of the problem and deal with that rather than just treating the symptoms.
  • Gwoman2012
    Gwoman2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If all else fails...Smooth Move tea!!! It's in the regular tea section under the brand Traditional Medicinals. It works REALLY well...for me it if I drink a cup right before bed it usually works 2 hours after I wake up in the morning. No diarrhea or anything, just lots and lots of whatever is backing you up;)
  • longleggedgiraffe
    Options
    Alot of water fruits and vegetables. Fiber and probiotic yogurt. My favorite is Fage peach its the best one Ive tried so far and Ive tried just about all of them! Its a bit on the pricey side though.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Lots of water is key, but for me, I also have to take stool softeners (3 tablets) every night and have been for probably 2 years. I have had issues with this most of my adult life and tried anything from metamucil, fiber gummies (they work pretty well too), fiber tabs, detoxes with colon cleanse, and I even used to take a shot of organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar every morning for about a year. Nothing like a shot of vinegar to wake you up first thing! Good luck; I feel for you.

3 tablets every night for two years, I hope you've consulted a physician.
  • NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For the people recommending prunes:

How many should be eaten? I've been looking at them and the sugar amount adds up quickly. 5 prunes = 90g of sugar! Also the calories can add up too...

Just curious because I'm having similar issues and I've heard all about the magic of prunes. I figured eating real prunes is better for macros than prune juice.

It's doubtful you would need all five prunes, try one or two. Plus they have an awesome amount of potassium so it be a good trade-off for a little extra sugar.
  • ReneeCK
    ReneeCK Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I add flax seeds to salads and most meals. Just sprinkle over anything. Black coffee helps due to the fact that it is a warm liquid and has caffeine to stimulate parastalysis of the bowels. Warm pear or prune juice works, too. I wouldn't recommend daily stool softners or laxatives only because your body can become dependant on them :)