Breakfast shakes and other quick and easy ideas?

Options
Hi all!! I am looking for a good breakfast shake that I can either make or buy pre-made. I'm also in search of other quick and easy but low calorie breakfast recipes that I can make quickly for my hubby before he leaves early early in the morning. Suggestions? Thanks!!

Replies

• lsorensen130
    lsorensen130 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do a shake every weekday morning so I can drink it on my way to work. It's just a handful of frozen strawberries, handful of blueberries, half a banana, scoop of chocolate or vanilla cyto protein, and some water.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Toasted bagel with low fat jam.

Whey protein mixed with water or yogurt or a banana.

Cereal.

Probiotic yogurt drinks.

Mixed fruit with yogurt poured over.
  • LessLikeHer
    Options
    I have no idea what whey protein is or how it works! Where do you all get yours? :embarassed:
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    whey is a component of dairy foods and comes in a powdered form :whey powder. you can get it unflavored, but to me it tastes like old milk...not sour...just old. most prepackaged protein powders and mixed shakes are flavored, but brands differ widely in quality of taste and texture. i use gnc's AMP wheybolic 60...its got a good chocolate flavor and mixes well with water, altho i use coconut milk for creaminess. i also have the unflavored whey poweder for when i am baking with it and need a protein boost. dunno where you are, but in the states you can get gnc at their retail stores or rite-aid pharmacies....super supplements, vitamin shoppe, etc have a giant assortment of all kinds of protein poweder brands. whey is not the only protein out there, though, so some reading up is beneficial.
    on a side note: if your husband HAS to have breakfast, why doesn't he get up a little earlier and eat at home before he leaves?
  • LessLikeHer
    Options
    whey is a component of dairy foods and comes in a powdered form :whey powder. you can get it unflavored, but to me it tastes like old milk...not sour...just old. most prepackaged protein powders and mixed shakes are flavored, but brands differ widely in quality of taste and texture. i use gnc's AMP wheybolic 60...its got a good chocolate flavor and mixes well with water, altho i use coconut milk for creaminess. i also have the unflavored whey poweder for when i am baking with it and need a protein boost. dunno where you are, but in the states you can get gnc at their retail stores or rite-aid pharmacies....super supplements, vitamin shoppe, etc have a giant assortment of all kinds of protein poweder brands. whey is not the only protein out there, though, so some reading up is beneficial.
    on a side note: if your husband HAS to have breakfast, why doesn't he get up a little earlier and eat at home before he leaves?

Thanks for the info!! I'll have to check in at some of the stores and shops around here.
    My hubby works 10-16 hour days and is exhausted by the end of the day typically. We are lucky when he gets a 10 hour day in. Thats a very short day for him and not typical. He typically skips breakfast and just grabs iced coffee that I have pre-made in the fridge for him. If he does have breakfast, it's cookies or muffins that he can grab and go. Sleep is not easy for him to come by or he would get up earlier. I want to be able to have something ready for him when he leaves. Our 1 year old son's room is right next to the kitchen (VERY small house for the time being) so in order to not wake him up, we need to have quietly made and quickly made breakfasts.