Add protein and cut carbs-- BUT HOW?

Options
Hi All,

I am trying to get my diet right. I'd like to increase my protein and decrease my carbs. I eat good things but not the right things. I know meat is one way to do this but I need need other variations for how to do this.

My diary is open, so all you smart eaters, get in there and give me a clue PLEASE ! :flowerforyou:

Any feedback is appreciated :)

Thanks!
Lau

Replies

• ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Nuts, legumes, and beans all offer great sources of protein. To cut the carbs a bit, try making veggies a side as opposed to the standard rice, potatoes, pasta routine.

For some beautiful vegan dishes FULL of protein try: www.ohsheglows.com

One of my favorite things is to have a huge salad with chickpeas or black beans and some seeds/nuts.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    My diary is open
    Afraid not :-)
  • PlumeriaTattoo
    PlumeriaTattoo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Eat meat, cheese, nuts. All the green veggies you can stand. Go easy on bread, starchy vegetables and stuff with sugar. If you truly want to cut back on carbs, keep your consumption of beans, sweet fruits and grains down to a small serving a day. Adding some good fats can also help you feel full. Eliminate as much processed foods as you can. Drink a lot of water. No alcohol.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Eggs, lean protein like fish and chicken, beans, quinoa to replace wheat pasta, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein shakes/muffins/balls/pancakes (check recipes forum), protein bars.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    eggs
    greek yogurt
    cheese
    cottage cheese
    nuts, legumes, beans
    protein shakes
    quinoa