Alli?!?

Options
Has anyone tried Alli? I have been pondering on it. I am nervous b/c the side effects. At work it is hard to get to the bathroom (example yesterday... Got to work @ 6:30 didn't go pee until 12:30 when I went on break) So if I am going to have to go... I won't always be able to go....

This week is my first week and I have lost 4 pounds!! I think I might try to do it by mysef until I can't lose on my own.... idk?

Michelle

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    The natural way is the best way. 4 pounds your first week is great, keep it up! If you can learn how to eat healthy and exercise and keep the weight off, you'll be so much better off than by taking this pill that threatens to make you poop your pants if you eat too much fat.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm always a fan of doing it the natural way whenever possible. You'll build the muscle that helps burn the calories... and you'll feel soo much better when you learn to eat healthy and keep the proportions correct. If you lost 4lbs already I'd skip any "diet" pills. I've heard Alli does some uh... interesting stuff to the GI tract, not sure if this is ongoing for the duration you're on it or just in the beginning.
  • MLR1SN
    MLR1SN Posts: 17
    Options
    I am just so sick of being fat! I know 4 pounds is alot, however I still feel like it is not coming off fast enough. PLUS this is only my first week. I think I am going to wait....
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Here's some info you might be interested in reading, it's from about a week ago!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68755-diet-pills-alli?hl=Alli#posts-886628
  • MLR1SN
    MLR1SN Posts: 17
    Options
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    if pee was the problem that wouldn't be so bad, but it is #2 that is the problem.

Picture all the fats you eat in the day being swept right through your system..........do not pass go, do not get $200.

I know it sounds good in theory, but how about eating a low calorie, nutrient rich diet with high fiber....that does the same thing without tearing up your insides.

You can do this!!! You do NOT need drugs to make it so.

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • SlimmingdownSusan
    Options
    I've been in that same situation many times. I determine for myself that I'm going to try Alli or some other diet pill. I make it to the store, go straight to the diet aids aisle, then something always tells me not to do it. It just isn't necessary. Just take it one meal at a time, one day at a time, and stay the course! You'll do great!
  • rjdoell
    rjdoell Posts: 13
    Options
    Keep up what you're doing, increase exercise, and lose the weight naturally. I started in mid-July - over 3 months ago. I started exercising more and walked my first marathon last weekend. When I weighed myself this morning I had lost 1 more pound. By exercising more and using MFP diligently, I have lost at least 1 pound every week since mid-July - a total of 26 pounds. Don't get impatient, taking it slowly and steadily, and enjoy the results.
  • dartboarddiva
    dartboarddiva Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I take Alli and haven't had any of the gross problems you hear about. I take 2 in the am along with my vitamins, and one at bedtime. What it does for me, without being too graphic, it keeps me regular and maximizes my bowel movements. There's nothing unpredictable or urgent, just more volume ...

I do try to eat right, and I exercise, but I've never been one to achieve regularity through high fiber ...

So, it works for me as a s supplement ... nothing spectacular in the weight loss, just steady ...
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    you could try tham,but i would really try to do it the heathy way
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I have tried a similar pill one that was by perscription but it was the same type of pill. I did unfortunately have some side effects that were not to pleasant. My advice would be that they work different for different people. I prefer to lose the natural way but if you want to try them you might pick a time where you wont be so busy. Just in case you get some of the side effects. A friend of mine takes it and has not had any problem but like I said it works different for different people.