Insanity Workout - Daily Updates

Options
***Day 1***

So day 1 of the 'Insanity Workout' and I have to say it was harder than I anticipated. The 'Fitness Test' itself was challenging and quite fast paced and I was sweating even after the warm-up :-/ lol.

Food wise the manual that came with the DVD was very informative and has given me some good tips on how, when and what I should be eating.

If I had one concern at this point it would probably be my job, I just hope I can fit the training in comfortably around my work as I currently work shift hours which can sometimes be an issue, but I do know I will have to be 100% determined and committed to coming back each day if I am to have any chance of the completing the DVD and getting to my goal.

Finally just quickly I did enjoy the way it was broadcast to the audience and feel that I will improve as the challenge goes on.

Please feel free to add me for support :-)

Replies

• LaurenMarieD90
    Options
    Keep up the good work X
  • MarcJames87
    MarcJames87 Posts: 46
    Options
    ***Day 2***

Just a quick update on today's progress.

I knew today would be a challenge as I had to work an eleven hour shift and my muscles were hurting a little from the day before, but once I got home and got into the cardio workout it wasn't actually too bad.

Today was the 'Plyometric Cardio Workout' - Again It was very fast paced and very challenging getting used to the numerous and fast interval routines, but I feel this will become easier as I progress.

Near to the end of the workout I did pause the DVD around 3 times just to catch my breath and wipe away the sweat :-/ lol
    (But I didn't feel too bed as it was only day 2?)

One Thing I will say (Don't miss out the stretching) as this is very important to avoid unnecessary injuries and drink lot's of water!!!

Speak tomorrow :-)
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I did it and I LOVED it.
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    Thanks I am enjoying it at the moment
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    ***Day 3***

Hope everyone is well and staying focused!

Today I completed 'Cardio Power & Resistance' again another tough session which included new workout routines as well as moves from the past two days all mixed in together.

I did again find some parts challenging especially when Shaun T throws in new moves at a fast pace. Apart from that I definitely felt i improved in terms of staying focused and completing each interval to the best of my ability without pausing.

In terms of my body I have had the usual muscle aches but as long as you take Shaun's advice you should be fine.

:-)
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!! =)
  • BelleHeart
    BelleHeart Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!! I will be starting p90x soon and maybe we can talk about the similarities and differences! I think Insanity is a step up from p90x... oh well! talk to you later!
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    Definitely :-)
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    ***Day 4***

Hello,

Quick Update...

Today was 'Cardio Recovery' which involved numerous stretching routines which I have to say I really enjoyed. Not only was it nice to have a ''slower day'' I found that the stretching helped, as I was in a little pain from the previous fast workouts.

Hope everyone is doing well :-)
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    ***Day 5***

'Pure Cardio' well that say's it all for today's workout. OUCH!

I found today quite tough as it was continuous fast cardio without any scheduled rest periods (Just Shaun T telling you to get some water)

As tough as the workout was I am definitely improving in terms of my pace which I am pleased about after day 5.
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    ***Day 6***

Fallen a little behind on my daily updates :-/

Anyway I am pleased to say that I really enjoyed today's workout which was 'Cardio Abs'

I found the pace very comfortable and was able to complete the whole workout without any stops.

***Day 7***

Rest Day

(Much Needed) :-)
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    ***Day 8***

After having a nice day of rest it was straight back into 'Cardio & Power Resistance'

I noticed the workout was still quite hard at this stage but I was able to battle through without any pauses.

After the first week I haven't noticed any major change to my body but my abs, legs and arms definitely feel harder and I feel confident that i'm heading in the right direction.

I'm also eating well and feel more energised.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Keep it up! That program is awesome!

I'm impatiently waiting for Asylum: Vol 2!
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    Thanks
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    ***Day 9***

Back to 'Pure Cardio'

Was again a little hard but I am pushing myself to the limit. I'm gonna do this !!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    Really feeling it today :-/
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    ***Day 10***

Back to 'Plyometric Cardio Circuit'

Today was tough, I was pushing hard but just wasn't getting to my full potential and had to stop a few times.

I think this may have been caused by the lack of food throughout the day which had not helped, and I had been out the night before and had a few drinks :-(

Saying that, I have been strict and have cut down a lot over the past few weeks and felt I needed a ''treat day''

BUT it's back to work from today - I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    ***Day 11***

Cardio Recovery

Today I felt the burn with the numerous stretches and I am starting to feel/notice real improvements in terms of -

Increased Flexibility
    Improved Posture
    Enhanced Muscle Co-ordination
    Relief From Pain
    Relaxation and stress relief
  • MarcJames87
    Options
    Will now be updating every few days as I go into week 3.....

***Day15***

2nd Fitness Test

Really enjoyed today's fitness test and improved on all the workouts which I am really pleased about...

Am also eating well and people are noticing I am now really starting to tone up.