My First 5K

Options
cort330
cort330 Posts: 27 Member
I will be running my first 5K this Saturday, and evening making some friends join me. In fact, we're going to wear angel wings and halos, with our team name being "Fallen Angels" just to make it more fun.

I'm super excited. I'm evening looking at my city's running calendar for the rest of the year, and trying to hit at least one 5K per month, or some kind of run like Warrior Dash and the like.

The big one that I'm really looking forward to is the Run For Your Lives (aka Zombie Run) this December.

Just wanted to share my excitement.

Replies

• shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Have a great time! It is super addicting and I guarantee you will be signed up for a new run before the end of the day Saturday! :bigsmile:
  • cort330
    cort330 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    evening

evening

And to think I used to be a teacher. That should have been "even", not "evening".
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Your first 5K is something you never forget. Even if you're in a bit of pain as you cross the finish line the feeling of elation is indescribable.

Have a great run!
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    My first 5k was 28 years ago! Congratulations! Running is highly addictive and cheaper than therapy! Good luck!
  • Cheeessseee
    Options
    best of luck!
  • fsupeach
    fsupeach Posts: 1
    Options
    That's fantastic!!! I did my first 5K this past March...It rocked crossing that finish line!!

Best of luck to you and you will become addicted :-)
  • WonderCort
    WonderCort Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    How exciting for you! Have a wonderful 5k!
  • ahoag_83
    ahoag_83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first 5K last month and loved it! (even though I thought I was going to die in the heat and humidity!) I can't wait to run another one, and even up to doing BIGGER races. Good luck, and have fun!!