What am I doing wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• mittyerica
    mittyerica Posts: 13
    Options
    Ok, about 100+ oz of water a day, Cola Zero (soda stream) is a 2-3 x a WEEK treat. I live on water, coffee and tea.
  • definitelyval
    definitelyval Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Erica,

I'm having the same issue you are. I'm definitely eating back some of my exercise calories, and really working out! My clothes are looser, I look and feel great, but the scale is THWARTING me! Just keep at it...I know it's hard, and I really want the number results too, but give yourself some more time and push through! We'll get there, girl! :)
  • mittyerica
    Options
    Calories are currently set at 1330 as a goal without exercise. I have played around with that trying to find the "sweet spot." Anything over 1800, I seem to gain.
  • mittyerica
    Options
    Hi Erica,

I'm having the same issue you are. I'm definitely eating back some of my exercise calories, and really working out! My clothes are looser, I look and feel great, but the scale is THWARTING me! Just keep at it...I know it's hard, and I really want the number results too, but give yourself some more time and push through! We'll get there, girl! :)

Thank you!
  • Ercha7
    Ercha7 Posts: 7
    Options
    HI! My name is Erica Also.. ! I began to lose weight last January (2011), and I am down about 85+ lbs now, I have been down 90 at one point but put a few back on, which Is why I am beginning to count the calories on this website. I myself am looking to lose at least 25-30 more :) I have found that measuring myself really helps. Though the scale may not be changing, because you are losing fat and gaining muscle, the measurements probably are. I would suggest measuring yourself once a week, same time, same day.... and see if that shows you any progress... because it can be discouraging when the numbers don't change and you are putting in a ton of work. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK SISTA!! God Bless you on this journey, it's been a challenge for me, but definitely worth it.
  • mittyerica
    Options
    HI! My name is Erica Also.. ! I began to lose weight last January (2011), and I am down about 85+ lbs now, I have been down 90 at one point but put a few back on, which Is why I am beginning to count the calories on this website. I myself am looking to lose at least 25-30 more :) I have found that measuring myself really helps. Though the scale may not be changing, because you are losing fat and gaining muscle, the measurements probably are. I would suggest measuring yourself once a week, same time, same day.... and see if that shows you any progress... because it can be discouraging when the numbers don't change and you are putting in a ton of work. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK SISTA!! God Bless you on this journey, it's been a challenge for me, but definitely worth it.
    Thank you! Can I ask what worked best for you? How you kept the weight coming off?
  • Ercha7
    Ercha7 Posts: 7
    Options
    Sorry I don't know how to quote things.. but in response to what works best for me... I think the weight really began to shed to begin with because I was so heavy and had so much to lose. But What I really focused on, and still do, is more cardio than anything.. A lot of people suggested weight training, lifting etc.. because the more muscle you have the more fat you can burn, but I focused almost solely on cardio for the first 7 months of my weight loss. turbo Jam Videos, Tae Bo, gym, walking, speed walking, eventually running... and usually 5 days a week for at least 40 mins up to like 60 mins... Of course I do weight train also, but cardio really got me the weight loss. Along with fresh fruit, fresh veggies, lean proteins, beans, nuts... GOOD CALORIES. and of course, GOD's strength and PRAYER. I cannot leave that out because it is a huge factor in my success. And as far as keeping it off, I just continue to do those same things, and switch up my workout because my body gets used to the same workout after a while and I hit a plateau. I am no expert, but this is my experience over the last year and a half :)