chia help

Options
pittcurl
pittcurl Posts: 82 Member
Okay finally broke down and bought some. Hoping to help with all my health problems and help with the weight lose. I bought a bottle from Walgreens (shocking just saw it in the vitamin section and thought to try it). I made the fresca by placing 2t in my bottle of water and adding fresh lemon juice. I let it soaked and started drinking it. All I kept thinking was.... this is weird?! Plus it wasn't as pleasant to the eyes to see all the black seeds stuck to the bottom of my drink.
Is there any better way of eating these things. I think I'm going to try to place it in my cereal tomorrow... hopefully it's just mind over matter problem with me.

Replies

• Kishykat
    Kishykat Posts: 8
    Options
    I will usually throw a tablespoon on top of my oatmeal in the morning, or I will throw it in with my protein powder for a protein shake.

Last night i sprinkled some over a stir fry.

I put it in meals at different times depending on what I want the texture to be. If I want the chia to be crunchy still I throw it in right before consuming, if I want the weird jello-y texture I let it soak for a bit.
  • HuntingArpegius
    HuntingArpegius Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like to put hem in my green smoothies :drinker:
  • flyingwrite
    flyingwrite Posts: 264
    Options
    I put a tablespoon full in my cereal every morning. Plus, they're white chia seeds so they pretty much blend in.
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    My co-worker puts it in her yogurt everyday
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I mix it in my yogurt. I also make chocolate chia pudding.
  • jenessae
    jenessae Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a coworker who just takes a tablespoon in her mouth followed by a glass of water. Gets them down quick without having to eat them slowly. I tried it, wasn't bad but, I can't do chia seeds.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I add it to yogurt, smoothies, and when I'm just having a super hungry day I'll eat it as a gel.
  • bigd65
    bigd65 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yogurt or on cottage cheese I didn't care to much for the drinking of them. But in yogurt or cottage cheese you hardly notice them. I usually put flaxseed meal in my cereal or oatmeal but might try chia instead, seems like people like it
  • Bellabang
    Bellabang Posts: 7
    Options
    I blend mine up in my morning smoothie and they disappear. I used to really hate the texture when I would add them to normal drinks or cereal. Blending them helped a ton. I also recently tried overnight oatmeal with chia seeds added in and after soaking for that long, I couldn't tell they were in that either. They just hid right into the texture of the oatmeal. Don't give up on chia seeds. You'll find a way that you like them.