Cross-trainer

Options
Hi, I'm really struggling with going to the gym - I'm self-conscious at the best of times without my big plumbers *kitten* hanging out everywhere. I was wondering if using a cross-trainer at home for 20 minutes a day would be significant in terms of exercise? Currently I do nothing but walking, and running is out of the question with my knee.

Replies

• Angela9559
    Angela9559 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    anything that gets your heart rate up, walking is great add a few hills ... I like my cross-trainer but would rather be outside when the weather is nice.
  • iggiewig
    iggiewig Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I might invest in one. Generally I'm poor but working shifts means I don't always get the chance to go out. I don't want to power walk even to the bus stop in case I get shattered by the time I get there, and I'm always tired by the time I finish a shift! The shifts don't take too much out of me but it is a heck of a lot of walking/lifting/moving (nursing) and I just put it down as '2mph walking'. Doing exercise whilst watching TV instead of vegging out until bed time seems like a better idea!