What to Eat before a Run?

Options
Some good ideas (although iced coffee seems a bit off to me) ...
http://www.active.com/nutrition/Articles/What-to-Eat-Before-a-Run.htm?cmp=17-7-2662

I also like a hard-boiled egg. What's your favorite pre-run snack?

Replies

• MicaelaFW
    MicaelaFW Posts: 63
    Options
    peanut butter with something... :) protein and water seems to be the trick for a big burn for myself.... I love ya sissie... whatever you are doing, seems to be doing just fine!

p.s. I answered and then read the site... Hummus is a good one, but I am a little confused by the iced coffee myself... ick to the belly!
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Coffee, coffee, coffee and oatmeal...
  • runningxlove
    Options
    Since I usually run sometime in the morning, whatever I have for breakfast generally works: cereal with fruit & skim milk, toast with peanut butter & jelly, etc. :) If I wait too long after breakfast, I'll usually fuel up with a banana & peanut butter or a Clif bar.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I usually have a banana or a smoothie shortly before a run.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat mini peanut butter bagel or banana. Those are my staples.
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Nothing - can't stand to have anything in my system when I run. I don't even like to drink water before I run. Makes for a tricky formula for me - I have to hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate some more the day before a long run or a race.
    (I do sip water on long runs when it's really hot and humid, but that's only because death by running doesn't sound appealing to me.)
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Half a protein shake with fruit, coffee & milk or nothing, a little coconut oil with maralade on bread.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have a granola bar, some almonds and a banana about an hour before my run...