total lean shake

Options
Has anyone tried GNC total lean in vanilla? What's your opinion about it, if any? Thanks!

Replies

• nikkimarie1983
    Options
    I haven't yet tried the vanilla but I drink the total lean swiss chocolate and love it! I drink my lean shakes in the morning for breakfast with and instead of water I use Silk milk then I have another shake after my workout (around lunch time). The shake are perfectly filling and quick and easy =)
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks! I just wanted to find out if they were good. I love chocolate! The only reason I ask about vanilla is b/c my sister drinks it with oj and says it tastes like an Orange Julius.
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    bump .. I'm curious bout this too
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I tried the 2 scoops chocolate with 8-10oz of water the first time per the directions and I was stuck running to the bathroom for half a day. I asked hubs about it since he used to really be into protein shakes and he said it took him about 2 months before he uh... "got used to it / back to normal". So for now I do 12oz whole milk with 1 scoop generic chocolate Slim Fast and 1 scoop Total Lean. No unpleasant side effects and it makes it way easier to meet my calorie goal.
  • ursula0601k
    Options
    Bump
  • ursula0601k
    Options
    So I purchased the Total Lean shake in vanilla. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells really yummy. I will start incorporating it into my diet tomorrow. GNC had a great deal -buy one, get one 50% off, but I just got the one. I want to try it out before I start stocking up on it. Anyways, I will post on my opinion and results regarding the product after I have tried it a few days. Wish me luck! Also, thanks for everyone who replied to my post!
  • ghoztt
    ghoztt Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I picked up a 4 pack of the premixed vanilla 14oz to try as a meal replacement and while it does keep the hunger off its not very satisfying to drink. Its pretty thin and tastes like vanilla flavored skim milk. Very light with no substance. If you mix it with milk it may be better but I can't really recommend the premixed stuff except as a between meal snack. For that (at least for me) it's perfect.
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    I just bought two cases of the premixed vanilla 14oz. bottles (since they were buy one get one 50% off AND an additional 20% off with my GNC Gold Card). I like to drink one before hitting the gym at 5:30am. They give me the energy I need to get through my workout, but don't weigh me down and have zero prep time. I typically prefer chocolate to vanilla - but in these GNC Lean Muscle Meal premixed 'shakes,' I prefer the vanilla to the chocolate...but that's just me! :-)
  • Yahalla
    Yahalla Posts: 7
    Options
    The Total Lean Shakes are my life! I like the pre-mixed vanilla, that's yummy! I don't like the powdered vanilla as much, it has an odd taste to me. I mix it with Milk, not water, but it still tastes a bit funny, so I add Reduced Fat Peanut Butter...yuckiness is gone! I have NOT tried the OJ, that does sound good. I prefer the Cookies and Cream or Chocolate powder, the pre-mix Vanilla. Strawberry is not yummy to me, no matter whether it is powdered or pre-mixed.
  • ursula0601k
    Options
    I have been drinking the total lean shake in vanilla and I really like it. I don't use it as a meal replacement, but like to keep one handy to sip on throughout the evening. This satisfies my awful need to nosh. So the recipe I came up with is two scoops of the total lean powder, 2 oz orange juice, water, 1/2 tsp of strawberry extract and 1/3 tsp of banana extract. Then I pop it in the freezer until I am ready (usually an hour) Really yummy.

Also, I bought a protein shaker with the little metal whisk inside. I love it and it really works!
  • ProjectHotBod13
    Options
    I do 2 scoops of the chocolate in the blender, add ice,water, and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Tastes just like a peanut butter cup. Satisfies my sweet tooth!
  • LovelyTina06
    Options
    can you add fruit to it?
  • ChrissyVas80
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I LOVE this stuff. I've been using it for about a month now. My favorite recipes for this are:

Half a Cup O.J.
    Half a cup of Silk Pure Coconut milk
    Half a cup of crushed ice
    2 Scoops of the Vanilla GNC Total Lean Shake powder

Blend until smooth. Great for my morning breakfast. It's almost like having an Orange Julius or Pina colada without the pineapples.

This other one I don't do all the time but it's pretty good

1 Cup Silk Pure Chocolate Almond Milk
    1 TSP unsweetened cocoa powder
    1TBSP Peanut butter that doesn't contain sugar, or any other additive I get mine from a machine that grinds plain peanuts into peanut butter.
    Half cup crushed ice

Blend until smooth. Taste like a Recess Peanut butter Cup

I've also added some frozen strawberries with pure almond milk for a strawberry milkshake affect. I try not to add too much stuff all the time as the less extra's you add the better calories wise.
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the receipes I love the total LEan shakes. I use these instead of snaking on bad stuff.
  • Success_1
    Success_1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good Morning
    I was wondering if the Total Lean Shake work, does it really help you lose weight. I have been using Slim Fast and it does not really work or at least for me. Is there any kind of after effect when drinking this. Thanks.....
  • alt1268
    alt1268 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have been using them as one of my snacks and it really fills me up. Good taste also. Not like some of the others. Right now they are on sale. I've only tried the chocolate, but yesterday bought the vanilla. Also I bought the already mixed, not the powder.
  • dawncortes30
    Options
    These shakes are absolutely wonderful. The Vanilla and Vanilla Bean is awesome because you can add things to them and have the least amount of after taste. Chocolate is good too, not very crazy about the berry flavors.
    8oz of almond milk, 2 scoops of shake mix, tablespoon of natural creamy peanut butter and 1/2 cup of ice. Delish. add a banana or 2 scoops of cocoa.
  • Hi Everyone! I'm looking for good recipes for the GNC French Vanilla Lean shake to make it taste good! Thanks in advance :)