Herbal Tea

Options
Leigh14
Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
I was just wondering if any of you drink herbals teas and if so, for what and which ones?

I've been thinking of breaking my coffee addiction and going for an herbal tea instead. Eek. :noway: I just have no idea what to try. I've heard that some help with fluid retention (which I have), metabolism, cravings, alertness, etc.

Replies

• vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I think that tea is a great choice--herbal and others. You might want to try some with caffine at frist, if you are going off coffee. I like a little honey in mine to enhance the flavor--I do mean a LITTLE honey--like 1/4 teaspoon per cup or less. When I make iced tea I use 2 tablespoons per 1/2 gallon. Sometimes I use just black tea and sometimes I add herbal and black. Mint tea is just good on its own. Tea seems to activate my bladder and reduce water retention. I do drink alot sometimes.
  • Serendipidy
    Serendipidy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too have just come off coffee - i think it might have been contributing to constipation although for some others it has a laxative effect. I have a sweet tooth and am now drinking mint tea - Twinings do a variety with mint which are caffeine free including mint and nettle, eucalyptus and mint, camomile and spear mint etc. Its definitley a diuretic and is also helping a little with my digestion. Apparently its nice cold over ice too but im not that brave yet lol

The only downside i have noticed is that it stains my china cups and the sink a bit - hmm i normally worry when i see a product doing that but this is a completely natural product as far as i know

There is a Twinings box you can buy at present which has samples of all their mint teas in it and its just a £1 (im in UK right now so not sure where you are).

Hope this helps
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I love tea - but my favorite 'herbal' tea is Bush Tea - Red Rooibos tea. It's made from a bush found in Southern Africa - it's got a wonderful flavor and is very good for you. Twinnings has it too.
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree that you might want to try something with caffeine in it at first - to wean you off without terrible headaches.

My total favorite tea in the world is Good Earth Original. It comes in both an herbal only non-caffeinated and a part real tea caffeinated variety. It is spicy and cinnamony.

I also like the mint teas a lot and Sleepytime. While I drink some of the "fruity" varieties on occasion, I don't quite like them as well. Rooibos is terrific as well. There are so many to try that you might want to buy a sampler pack or enlist a friend to share some with you. If you don't like one you'll surely like another.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i like liptons herbal teas i love apple and cinnamon or orange spice or just plain green tea
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I too am thinking about weening myself off coffee, as it puts me in the bathroom just about every time I drink it. I am on the Twinings website as we speak and wondering what you recommend for sweetness? I am a total sweet person when it comes to drinks like Chai, Mochas and stuff like that. I would like to order some but not sure which ones I should try. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!
  • annalouisa08
    Options
    I used to be addicted to coffee. I still once in a while do drink coffee, I drink alot of green tea just because I love it! I used to also drink wu long tea, its also supposed to help you rev up your metabolisim and has antiox, in it. When I was drinking wu long tea twice a day I did loose weight. It is also supposed to help with high blood pressure, helps with digestions and skin. Green tea is also supposed to do the same as well I just saw more with wu long tea. My husband had lost his job and I had to make some cut backs so I havent ordered any more wu long tea. Thankfully he is now employeed and we can start breathing again.
  • annalouisa08
    Options
    I used to be addicted to coffee. I still once in a while do drink coffee, I drink alot of green tea just because I love it! I used to also drink wu long tea, its also supposed to help you rev up your metabolisim and has antiox, in it. When I was drinking wu long tea twice a day I did loose weight. It is also supposed to help with high blood pressure, helps with digestions and skin. Green tea is also supposed to do the same as well I just saw more with wu long tea. My husband had lost his job and I had to make some cut backs so I havent ordered any more wu long tea. Thankfully he is now employeed and we can start breathing again.
  • annalouisa08
    Options

SORRY I HIT POST REPLY TWICE!!:grumble:
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I love mint green tea. It is not as bitter as regular green tea. I used to love coffee but it hurts my stomach , I have a history of peptic ulcers. I also drink Camomile at night before bed to help me relax. I have alot of stress in my life.
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I find, for coffee lovers, it's hard to make that move over to tea! Haha. At least for me. I work in a coffee shop, so there's no restriction on the amount of coffee or tea I can have. Nevertheless, I drink tons of coffee. But I've been considering switching to tea for the health benefits...

I enjoy our blueberry tea the most, I believe. It's herbal and it tastes good enough to keep me coming back to it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    In January I gradually detoxed myself from coffee and artificial sweeteners. I did this by drinking a little less each day and cutting the sweetener down gradually. Since then I drink herb tea in the morning and purified water the rest of the day.

I feel better and don't miss the coffee and I've lost weight. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I love the Tazo line of teas and the Rooiboos (red tea) is fantastic - Tazo's version is called 'African Red Bush'. They also have 'Zen', a green tea with some mint that is fantastic. 'Refresh' - mint tea. 'Berry Blossom White' tea is also quite nice, but does have caffiene. 'Calm' is another nice one, with chamomile among other herbs.

Of all the herbals I've tried, I find I like Tazo's varieties best.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Four O'clock makes an excellent fair trade jasmine green tea and Moroccan Mint. Mint aids in digestion, so I've been drinking it mainly in the evenings.