Body Wraps?

Options
Ok I am beyond desperate! I work out about an hour a day and watch what I eat for the most part. I still don't feel like I'm seeing a lot of results. I have been looking into body wraps. I keep seeing mix reviews on them. 1/2 say they are awesome and half say they are the biggest waste of money. Have any of you tried them?! Opinions?!

Replies

• skinnycow197
    Options
    Body wraps as in suck it in kymoro things? If so, get the skinny on tanks are amazing! I have recomended them to everyone. And they are 15 bucks! Buy a size smaller then you wear. They suck in my muffin top :) they have the entire line at walmart. Best 15 bucks I ever spent
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    I had one years ago. Once they take off the wraps your like freezing to death and can't stop shaking. I dropped like 5 pounds. But it's all back in a blink of an eye. I think it's a waste of money. Just MHO....
  • CatGrooms66
    Options
    I did one a month for 2 months. Nothing. Water weight. Totally not worth it unless you have a function to go to and want to look a little more toned. You can do the same thing by soaking in a bath of epsom salt. (that's what alot of models do). The wraps make your skin super soft though.
  • jwshmoe75
    jwshmoe75 Posts: 119
    Options
    Mmmmm......maybe I'm thinking of the other body wrap? Is this clothing your talking about????
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I have never tried them but quite honestly, I think they are a waste of money. I have heard good results, might be good if you have a special occassion but I can't see how they work long term....
    You are working out an hour a day, how many calories do you eat? How much water do you drink? How much sodium do you have in a day (are you tracking it?)? I would start looking at other things before wraps.
  • AshleyVeronica
    AshleyVeronica Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hmm I wondered if those things are for real or not too. Seems too easy though...
  • deez2015
    deez2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    they do work but i've heard the weight loss lasts about 6 months.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    If those worked, we would all be skinny.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    No. They are a wrap you can wrap anywhere (arms, legs, stomach, etc.) that are suppose to shrink the fat cells and you lose inches each time you use them. I've never used them. I just have been hearing a lot about them lately and was curious if anyone on here had used them.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    they do work but i've heard the weight loss lasts about 6 months.

How does it work with the appearance of cellulite?
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i wear a neoprene wrap (around my stomach) when i work out. only because i like sweating more and getting to see all my gross sweat on the thing. it was $5 at 5 below and all it does is bloat my ego with "look how much sweat, you're going to be so hot"
  • susanne181818
    Options
    I did one a month for 2 months. Nothing. Water weight. Totally not worth it unless you have a function to go to and want to look a little more toned. You can do the same thing by soaking in a bath of epsom salt. (that's what alot of models do). The wraps make your skin super soft though.

Epson salt? Interesting. Do you have the details of how much salt, how long to soak? If not, I'll look it up.
  • 123Allyxox
    123Allyxox Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ^^What she said, But if you have a burlington coat factory near you there only 6$ there I wear them every day. If your talking about like body wraps to lose inches its just water weight, it wont stay off so if your doing it for a special event I'd say go for it, but if your looking for a long term thing don't waste yoour money.