new here too!

Options
This seems to be a grea tsite! I started Slimfast wednesday and joined their site but this one seems better! I am 58 and I need to lose alot .I am on 1500 calories a day. I want to lose 20 lbs. by Christmas.

Replies

• jwilson56
    Options
    Welcome.... my wife and I are also new to this site but not new to trying to lose weight. Personally we have chosen a healthier way to lose and are trying to avoid any fad type of dieting as that is probably what got us here in the first place. We are eating more fruits and vegetables as well as small portions of lean meats. Also eating foods that have a low-medium glycemic index number. That means tossing the high carb items like white bread. So far neither one of us have been hungry and both are doing well. We also have committed to doing exercise 5 times a week and also some weight training tossed in. Nothing too heavy but it does seem to help. This site has been awesome as a tool to help us stay in the correct calorie zone. Eat too little and your body goes into starvation mode and lowers your metabolism and you won't lose weight. Eat above the set goal and your not losing weight.

If you happen to watch Dr. Oz you might have seen a few woman on the show that have lost hundreds of pounds. They all seem to have the same strategy and it is what inspired us to jump back on the back wagon and recommit ourselves but this time really watch that we eat the good foods.

Good luck with your effort....
  • feistygirl09
    Options
    Hi!

I love this site too!! I had tried a few others & I like this one best! I have lost 7lbs in the first two weeks -- staying accountable works!!

Welcome & good luck!!:happy: