In need of encouragement

Options
Hi!! I have recently come back to mfp after a long hiatus, I lost over 40lbs and then gained it all back and then some....my sister has been on MFP for awhile and has lost over 65 lbs...sooooo very proud of her.....went to see her and she taught me how to cook healthier and improve my life better...so I am off and running again....I lost 10lbs in the last 2 weeks and now i need some encouragement and any ideas on healthy recipes and exercise....feel free to add me and I will do my very best to encourage as well :)

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Keep up the good work. Remember you can do this!
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Welcome back....your on the right track:flowerforyou:
  • lanerichardson
    Options
    i've done that a time or two myself as far as taking a hiatus. I kept up with the good eating habits but just don't feel like logging it into mfp. I'd suggest trying a healthier version of something you like so you get what you want but thats better for you. and if you can't find it healthier just remember moderation. Oh and exercise some helps to.
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    It's a new day....you can do it!! I just joined and I already see the value of the motivation I get here. It's awesome!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    It's summer...a great time to get on track and great lots of healthy cuts of meat and veggies! Good luck!
  • JENROMERO
    JENROMERO Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Focus on the good part of that story. You've done it before. That means you can do it again!!! Good luck.
  • Bubblescomere
    Options
    My sister is currently on the Dukan Diet. She lost 15 pounds in 2 weeks. She still has a long way to go but it might be worth trying. Keep up the good work! Good luck!
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    10 lbs-two weeks! You rock!!!!
  • dramaqueen0619
    dramaqueen0619 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great time to start up again with Summer and all!! I'll add you!!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I do not know you obviously, but I really applaud your courage for jumping back on the wagon and even talking about your weight loss/gain.

You know what? You will succeed here. The only reason I know is because you are clearly determined to do this. We all have fallen, and the "secret" is to get back up and it never happened.

Welcome back, and please accept friend requests and add some of your own friends depending on your goals. I NEVER would have lost my last weight without my FRIGGIN FRIENDS exercising and motivating me to do the same on days when it just would not have happened.

Also, look at diaries. I get the best food ideas from reading them. Lots of protein, remember that too.

All the best, and be proud of yourself - you are on the road to success.
  • embarrett76
    Options
    :smile: I am just starting out back on this program for the first time myself learning to put all my daily stresses in to my workouts started walking 3 miles tonight. After seeing what this walk did for one of my family members i started it up as well 3 miles of walking in the morning as well as 3 miles in the evening. Stay faithful to your workouts everyday keep telling yourself you can do this. Good luck! I have been able to take off 60 lbs before then gained it all back so i know it can be done again and kept off this time. Its all about you and what you set your mind to!