Body By Vi

Options
AimersBee
AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
So I started Body By Vi shakes today (a shake that helps promote weight loss or stabalize your weight, has lots of great nutrients in it, etc.)

At first, I told myself that I wasn't going to take any shakes, just eat normal, as for down the road who knows if I'll want to keep drinking shakes for meal replacements, although I love taking a quick shake in the morning anyways.

Anyway, my question is, is it really going to be an issue if I were to all of a sudden stop taking these shakes, lets say if I were to get bored of them and go back to regular food.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Replies

• AimersBee
    Options
    Anyone?
  • AimersBee
    Options
    :ohwell:
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it. Hopefully there's someone out there who can give you advice!
  • AimersBee
    Options
    I've never heard of it. Hopefully there's someone out there who can give you advice!

Hopefully :smile:
  • mstanciu
    mstanciu Posts: 1
    Options
    It shouldn't be an issue as long as you can monitor your portions and maintain the equivelent cal/fat/pro in foods when you go back. Just a thought.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Personally I think any gimmick diet product is a mistake.

I feel that a person needs to learn to change all the negative habits that go them to where they are and learn to develope a positive relationship with food.

When you stop the shakes what will your replace them with? Will you slip back into old habits to fill the gap because you haven't learned ne healthy habits?

I say save the money you spend on the shakes in a cookie jar for new clothes that you will need if you just stick to making healthy positive changes!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't know those particular shakes, but I do know that NONE of those shakes are magic. My neice used to use some and the ingredients list included a stack of different dairy and sugar products with a few added vitamins and minerals. She liked them, so they made a good breakfast - no problem.
    They are just another way of getting in your calories - if you prefer to drink your cals instead of eat them, that's fine.
    If you get bored with this and want to go back to eating like a regular person, that's fine too.
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    One of my friend's (kinda) is a promotor for it.
    Only reason I haven't done it is because, to me, it's just another fad. I like to get my nutrients from food that way I don't ever run out of the latest fad or when I go back to eating food I gain it all back.

I would say just eating write and working out is always the best bet, every time I've tried the latest thing, I gain everything I lost right back when I stop.

just my opinion though...my friend seems to like it but she's also not changing any of her eating habits so idk lol
  • adeleearls
    adeleearls Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you do a search, you'll find lots of links to Body by Vi posts. I tried them for one month and liked the flavor but wasn't really seeing any major losses - nothing I can say was shakes only. It was costly too. Like you, I really enjoyed the habit of a shake in the morning. It just worked well for me.

Since being off Body by Vi, I haven't gained back. In fact, I adjusted my eating and am now on a high protein, moderate carb meal plan. I am feeling fabulous. It's very similar to the 17 Day Diet but with a few more carbs since I am training for a 10K.

When I was doing Body by VI and found that I liked the shakes so much, I did get Pure Protein Plus French Vanilla as my morning shake now that I dont buy the Visualis anymore. I use 1/2 banana, natural peanut butter (1 tablesoon), I scoop of powder and either water or skim milk added. I use a lot of ice as I love a real crunchy full shake. It makes 32 oz - most of which is water. It keeps me satisfied until about 1130 am when I have my first snack.

Good luck and enjoy! Like I mentioned earlier, you'll find quite a few threads about Body by Vi or Visualis. Just do a search.
  • pam6870
    pam6870 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've thought about trying them too, because I have a friend that promotes them. I'm skeptical of things like that and researched it. I couldn't find any good evidence that would make me want to do it and I was scared I'd waste my money on another program. I think doing it on my own with real food and encouragement from others will be the best for me.
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like to eat. Food is too good to give it up for a shake! There's a gentleman on here named Dr. Gerry Lane. He is super knowlegable about these fad diets. I'll direct him to you.
  • ShrinkingCatrina
    Options
    I have been off and on BBVI shakes for awhile now, I don't think it's healthy to use them as a meal replacement, I use them as a protein shake for workout days or when I'm craving an Ice Cap (Canadian thing) I make something similar at home with their shakes to kill my craving for sweets. Anyway, I agree with MonicaT1972, you need to change negative habits when it comes to eating and I'm working on that right now. Shakes as a meal replacement cannot be sustainable so I would look at making changes that you can sustain long term. Just my view.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    I like to eat. Food is too good to give it up for a shake! There's a gentleman on here named Dr. Gerry Lane. He is super knowlegable about these fad diets. I'll direct him to you.

Thanks!
  • NevaehsMommy2010
    Options
    First off, I've been on it since November and I've lost more than I did in the year prior since my daughter was born. I agree that it's not a miracle shake, but I believe that they have helped me learn about healthy food choices and helped to kick-start my weight loss. I was off it for a couple weeks (not intentional, just wanted some real breakfast food :-P ) and I never noticed a big difference in weight. Usually when I gain weight, it's because I go over my calorie intake, not because of the shakes.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    I believe for myself that having balanced healthy meals all day and staying within my caloric intake is no problem (as seen from prior days - diary). At the same time I figured I'd start doing body by vi because I figured it was a easier way to go about it (quicker, as I have long days at work, etc.), and it'd be a nice kick-start to my weight loss. (another side note is because me and my boyfriend have a small bet on the side to see who could get to their goal weight quicker - obviously in a healthy way, exercising etc)
  • CPetryshen
    CPetryshen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Visalus isn't a miracle, but I know that it is nutritious and has amazing (good!) effects on some people. I know for me personally I sleep better, I've known a number of people who have had major issues that get better or disappear only after they started Visalus shakes- even amazing their doctors.

Depending on the kit that you've chosen you will get the diet plan that they recommend and it is nutritious and reflects many other diet plans. Visalus isn't ment for a miricle cure its ment for health unlike some other shakes that are all sugar and fluff Visalus is ment to be combined with an overall healthy lifestyle and is used by many pro athletes and UFC fighters.
    Most people seem to see the majority of weightloss happen AFTER the first 4-5weeks of being on their program.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Vi shakes since September 2011. For me the 90 day challenge is what kickstarted my weight loss and I have since lost 58lbs and 25.5". They are by no means a miracle product......I have tracked calories every day since I started. For the first 3 months I didn't workout, just lost by calorie deficit. I then incorporated exercise and have still been successful. I was the type of person who didn't eat breakfast or lunch usually unless it was something like fast food when I was on the road (I'm a sales rep). The shakes were easy and quick for me and got me to break bad habits that I had become accustomed to.

Now that I'm closer to my goal and my daily caloric intake is much higher and my exercise is much more intense (I'm now doing the whole eat more to weigh less thing to get to my goal) I use the shakes more as a snack than a meal replacement. Down the road I will probably replace the Vi shakes with protein shakes.

If you are making healthy choices and changing your lifestyle you really shouldn't see any weight gain when you stop using the shakes.....calories are calories. Having a shake for breakfast vs a bowl of cereal is really quite similar. One thing I will say though is that you must use milk as your liquid, not water, otherwise it's not a meal replacement.

Good luck!
  • AimersBee
    Options
    ....One thing I will say though is that you must use milk as your liquid, not water, otherwise it's not a meal replacement.

Good luck!

What about almond silk, rather than milk?

Thanks!
  • CPetryshen
    CPetryshen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Whatever kind of milk is fine, there are a tonne of receipes but the added protiens in the milk are what help with the meal thing. ice cubes & orange juice is great & warm milk with a little nutella is AWESOME as a treat. Some use it in tea to make a london fog, or in there coffee as the creamer- have to stir before you drink or it settles to the bottom.

Visalus is a protien shake, but the increased fiber and less than a gram of sugars is what sets it apart, besides the taste which is great. A lot of shakes on the market are empty calories of sugar and fillers which you don't need to be putting in your body.