fast n easy home workout???

Options
Hi Guys! I need some recommendations/ suggestions on some good calorie burning workouts that I can do at home and that I can finish in 20 minutes, so it'd probably need to be high impact, without gear (machines/weights) like pilates or cardio, I have a kinect but I need one I can do quick as my daughter is like a kitten, as soon as she sees me exercising either doing zumba or using my kinect she hugs on to my leg or crawls under me thinking I'm playing with her or something! LOL, I want to avoid kicking my daughter and knocking her out, so would like some quick high impact cardio I can probably do quickly in the bathroom or kitchen while my daughter is distracted ha ha... any ideas?? I've read that jumping rope is super a super calorie buster, but what other exercises? :) thanks!

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Do burpees for 20 minutes.
  • ATLMel
    ATLMel Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Try anything off of bodyrock.tv they have great workout videos.

I give my dog ice cream when I go to work out so she leaves me alone...maybe the same would work for your kid. :)
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    burpees! of course! I used to do that during PE in school! but I may not be able to do burpees for 20 min tho... lol! Thanks!!!!
    Also, ice cream won't help... my daughter is 19 months old and hardly ever has ice cream, too much sugar, bad for her teethies! :)
  • KaciWood19
    KaciWood19 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv !!!! 12 minutes, HARD workouts! And you can subsitute alot of stuff if you don't have the equipment that they are using. I haven't bought anything new and just make it work with what I have.
  • cookiefluff
    cookiefluff Posts: 115
    Options
    bodyrock.tv... hmmmm I'm on it.... :D thanks
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Rockin Body are all high fast pace aerobic workouts. If you like to see videos on any of these, message me and I can send you a link.

Julianne
  • CourtLiv
    CourtLiv Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Most cable companies have the "on demand" service. There is a fitness and exercise section full of 10-20 minute workouts.

*Side note...when I was doing Insanity, my son (who was 3 at the time) made his own section in the workout room and would do the exercises with me. He had some serious 3-year old modifications to each section, but he really enjoyed spending the time with me in the morning, doing something together. He still asks when we're going to work out again...
  • shezza3
    shezza3 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi,

I wanted a quick work out to do yesterday so I did the following straight through:
    1 min star jumps (Jumpin Jacks)
    1 min squats
    1 min lunges (30 secs each leg)
    1 min push ups
    1 min crunches

I repeated this four times, resting for one min between each block. I would consider myself pretty fit and this relly got my heart going and felt like I had a good workout :)
  • wandacaven
    Options
    squats and lunges, great calorie busters!!!