Do you ever have those days when you just want to EAT???

Options
I am having that day today... I am eating all good stuff but I feel sick, like I have a cold. So when I am sick I always feel the need to eat I guess it is comforting. I did good I ate the right things stayed away from the carbs and junk but I am just hungry! And there is this stupid Edible Arrangement commercial that keeps coming on every 5 mins of every show I am watching for chocolate covered Strawberries that is not helping! I am sorry I ranted but before I started here I would just eat when I wanted now I need to just watch and so I am doing it! This Helped thanks for listening. :)

Replies

• Lewre78
    Lewre78 Posts: 22
    Options
    Yes. Yes. Yes! I have those days. Just wanted you to know you're not alone. Kudos to you for eating healthy! :)
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I am so with you on this one today, my throat hurts, I think that is the only thing keeping me from eating everything in sight. Some days there is not enough food to keep me satisfied. I love Edible Arrangements, the fruit is so good, the chocolate puts me over the edge. Hang in there and hope you feel better soon.
  • Cyndieann
    Cyndieann Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When I get like that, celery is what gets me through it.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    All

The

Time
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    Just had that feeling today.
    I gave myself 500 calories for breakfast and lunch (combined) and just started pigging out on anything I can fit in that amount. I feel a lot better and fuller now.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are feeling this exact way today!!!
  • jfa002
    jfa002 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just recently got over one of those days. It's like I can't have enough sweets and salts. I need to find a healthy alternative, and yet feel satisfied. Baklava can help as long it is authentic because it is made from philo dough, walnuts, and honey. Any other suggestions for sweet and salty healthy alternatives?
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yep, every single month a couple of days before Aunty Flow arrives... I could eat the world.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Yup and admittedly I will sometimes allow myself to indulge. I'm human for frig sakes and sometimes I just crave that big bag of chips!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I only feel like this on weekends and weekdays.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I have these days constantly!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I feel like this right now and am legit debating putting shredded cheese in a taco shell and microwaving it into a makeshift quesadilla.
  • DrJackson6
    DrJackson6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Yes I have those days. They are normal as long as it is not everyday.
  • sarahsxt
    sarahsxt Posts: 66
    Options
    I had one on Sunday! I had gone out for two nights in a row and did a lot of hiking and yoga. Then I woke up Sunday and all I wanted to do was sit in bed with COMFORT FOOD and wine. Felt so good.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I only feel like this on weekends and weekdays.

Hrm sounds like me!

Its the worst when i have something tasty in the house and i KNOW I could eat it if I chose to :sad:
  • Shmemily001
    Shmemily001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yep, every single month a couple of days before Aunty Flow arrives... I could eat the world.

Ditto here. I allow myself a couple cheat days where I allow 400-500 extra calories a day before that time of the month. I figure if I am craving more calories, maybe my body needs them, and two days back up to normal calorie intake isn't gonna hurt in the long run.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Yup, being a woman I get those days approx every 21 days or so.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    YES!! I have to tell myself constantly on those days that eating is for fuel not because I WANT to.

You are not alone!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Only on the days that my tapeworm wakes up
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Only on the days that my tapeworm wakes up

LMAO.. I knew I guy when I went up and did fish processing in Alaska, and we nick named him 'tapeworm' worm for short.. cause dude would eat like 3 plates at EVERY meal and snacks.. Dude ate like ALL THE TIME!. LOL.. and he didn't gain an ounce !!! SO we joked 'you must have a tapeworm man!" and it stuck!..

ANYWAYS yes hun your normal.. get's to bad go out for a awalk and drink some really sweet diet tea.. :) That's what I do anyways helps me to feel 'full' :)