New to the site

Options
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself before I delve into the site. I have been heavy for 15+ years and I recently turned 30, don't want to spend the rest of my life like this, so it's make or break time. I think I have tried every diet possible and now I'm trying it the good old fashion way, diet and exercise. I am looking to lose 100+ pounds and I think this site is going to help me a lot and make me conscious of just how much food I consume on a daily basis.

I recently joined the gym and have been working out with a trainer. I've had three sessions already and she is kicking my *kitten*. I vowed to exercise 5 days a week but as yet have not reached that goal consistently, so I need to step it up a bit.

I am looking forward to meeting new people and giving a helping hand where I can.

Replies

• velocitygirl
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to introduce myself before I delve into the site. I have been heavy for 15+ years and I recently turned 30, don't want to spend the rest of my life like this, so it's make or break time. I think I have tried every diet possible and now I'm trying it the good old fashion way, diet and exercise. I am looking to lose 100+ pounds and I think this site is going to help me a lot and make me conscious of just how much food I consume on a daily basis.

I recently joined the gym and have been working out with a trainer. I've had three sessions already and she is kicking my *kitten*. I vowed to exercise 5 days a week but as yet have not reached that goal consistently, so I need to step it up a bit.

I am looking forward to meeting new people and giving a helping hand where I can.
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I really think the aspect of being aware of what we are eating is a huge help on this site. Just seeing it on the screen helps to make you think BEFORE you choose what and how much to eat. And, I think you will find once you start using the site and seeing how the calories and adding exercise boosts them you might have that extra motivation you need to get in your 5 days a week of exercise. You can do this!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Niccole
  • NoMoreAt3
    Options
    Hi there and Welcome!
    I have to say, being able to see the "whole enchillada" in black and white is definitely the biggest motivator for me on this site, that and all the awesome support from all the great people here. My best advice for right now (I only started less than 2 weeks ago) is be honest, even brutally so, with everything you eat and do, and absolutely LOG EVERYTHING! At the very least, you get a completely honest view of your current habits. And, as the old saying goes, knowledge is power.
    Keep us posted on your accomplishments (both big and small!) and all your setbacks (both big and small!), we will be here for you!
    Best of wishes and good luck, keep working hard at it!
  • SKINNYPIG
    Options
    Hi & welcome, I just joined last week and I need to lose 100 lbs also - let's do it together! So far this week I have burned 1,800 calories at the gym and also am religiously logging in my calories. It really has made me aware of what a lousy diet I eat even tho I am very aware of what to eat for optimum health. Good luck & I will look for your progress!

:smile:
  • velocitygirl
    Options
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome and words of encouragement. It's only been two days and I am already super conscious of what I am eating. Things add up so quickly.

I'll take you up on that offer Skinnypig, I could use all the support I can get. I recently moved back in with my family and I find it extremely hard to stay focused when they aren't eating the same foods as me. They were all suppose to join the gym too and start eating healthier, there is 4 of them in total and only one is still on the bandwagon with me. Even then it's only half on. Looking forward to keeping in touch with you all.
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey Velocity! Welcome and you too Skinny! Much success wished your way. :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Good luck Velocitygirl, and Welcome. we are all here to help, so please don't be afraid to ask questions, or just vent if you need to!