NSV - BMI Lower!

Options
shellsrenee01
shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
So there I am, fiddling around with the FitBit website, looking at my stats, and what do I see?? I am no longer CLASS III Obese! I've gone from 43.1 BMI to 39.3!

Granted, this is still considered morbidly obese and I still cannot get health insurance because of it. BUT it's a move in the right direction! I haven't had a BMI in the 30's in almost a decade.

And yes, as a closing thought, I still think the whole notion of BMI's is BS...but I need insurance and unfortunately, that's one number that insurance companies love to use against me.

Not for very much longer! :bigsmile:

Replies

• newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options
    YAY!!! thats fantastic...

on a side note I love your dress in your pic!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Congrats - this is awesome! You are making real progress and every pound is creating a healthier you!! Well done!!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Actually, I think morbidly obese is classed as a BMI of over 40.

I recently crossed from a BMI of over 40 to 38.9 and my doctor said that I am now considered 'just' obese.

Congrats. :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Progress progress! Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!
  • shellsrenee01
    Options

I recently crossed from a BMI of over 40 to 38.9 and my doctor said that I am now considered 'just' obese.

Shoot, if that's the case, I'm even more thrilled! Thanx! And congrats to you as well :flowerforyou:
  • lilorphann
    lilorphann Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats on your victory.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Ironically, I checked mine today too, and found I was down as well, down to Class II. I don't think I've ever been in the 30's that I can remember either. :-)

Also, your dress is AWESOME.
  • danimal5867
    danimal5867 Posts: 390
    Options
    Congratulations! I nearly threw a party when I went from severely obese to just plain old obese. My next goal is overweight.
  • shellsrenee01
    Options

hehe, thanks! It'll be a super bitter-sweet moment when this dress becomes too big for me to wear, as I love it too! :ohwell:
  • newfette81
    newfette81 Posts: 185
    Options

hehe, thanks! It'll be a super bitter-sweet moment when this dress becomes too big for me to wear, as I love it too! :ohwell:

when it does just send it my way I'll happily take it off your hands.. hahaha
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That is great! You have done so well!
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    Congrats!

Ironically, I checked mine today too, and found I was down as well, down to Class II. I don't think I've ever been in the 30's that I can remember either. :-)

Also, your dress is AWESOME.

Good job!! :flowerforyou: I just know we can get to that magical number of 29.9!
    And thanx :happy:
  • shellsrenee01
    Options

when it does just send it my way I'll happily take it off your hands.. hahaha

For sure!! haha
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

Shoot, if that's the case, I'm even more thrilled! Thanx! And congrats to you as well :flowerforyou:

My husband commented that "I'm just the same, but now with less morbidity". Hehe.

Go us. :laugh:
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    excellent progress! (and ditto on the cute dress, too) :)
  • shellsrenee01
    Options
    excellent progress! (and ditto on the cute dress, too) :)

Thanks, Beatrixia! I must be hungry this morning...I saw your default picture and thought they were pancakes for a second! :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!