Fast Food?

Options
2»

Replies

• theNurseNancy
    Options
    Lunch today. Tendergrill from Burger King with Jalapeno bbq sauce instead of mayo :]
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I had a couple of pieces of veggie pizza, no cheese, about 6 weeks ago. I've finally managed to kick the habit of "well a few french fries won't hurt."
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    pizza tonight. local shop, not chain, but still. McD's yesterday. some subway a few days before ... some BK ...

(the key here is to fit it in and keep it in moderation. the only unhealthy food is one eaten in excess.)
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    We still order pizza every couple of weeks. But a place with a drive thru? I don't even remember.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Ive had fast food twice in the last 9 months. once in april when a friend came to town who hadnt had In and Out before and once a few months ago when i was in a rush and got chicken sandwich at chik fil a.

i still like fast food but if i am going to eat that many calories in one meal i am going to go for something a lot better. something like tapas.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I had Subway recently. Wise choices and moderation is the key, and watching sodium counts for those of us who must do so. : ) I visit fast food websites and find what's lowest in fat and sodium and go for that whenever I do eat fast food.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I had a salad from Wendy's on Friday ( I only used 1 packet of dressing, and not the glazed nuts)... had a chicken pot pie at Bob Evans that night....then Saturday night hubby wanted pizza. I got a grilled chicken salad and ate a roughly 3x3 inch square of cheese pizza with it. When I stepped on the scale Monday, I had still lost a pound over the weekend!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I had pizzeria pizza about 3 weeks ago....prior to that, I honestly can't remember. Going to have to make Arbys fit into my day soon, though, I love the roast beef sandwiches. :bigsmile:

I don't even want to tell you this but I feel I must.. arbys "meat" is in liquid form when it gets delivered :/ I haven't eaten there in years since I found that out
  • Ketomaniac9
    Ketomaniac9 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Today tried a chicken wrap from Burger king.. wasn't that great haha
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I had pizzeria pizza about 3 weeks ago....prior to that, I honestly can't remember. Going to have to make Arbys fit into my day soon, though, I love the roast beef sandwiches. :bigsmile:

I don't even want to tell you this but I feel I must.. arbys "meat" is in liquid form when it gets delivered :/ I haven't eaten there in years since I found that out

uh ... ok.

(come on, now. seriously? why are people willing to believe this stuff?)

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp
  • jengigs
    jengigs Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Actually, this appears to be a myth. http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/arbys.asp I don't eat there anymore anyway because Lion's Choice is better for the same type of sandwiches. Ate there a little over a week ago. Where else can you get a custard cone that is only 54 calories for 15 cents!?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I don't eat at McD's etc but I did have a truly delicious chicken burger from a food truck at a music festival last weekend.
    It was both fast and delicious and appeared to be made from real ingredients. Yum!
  • pkfrankel
    pkfrankel Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Cheese pizza Saturday eve. 3 slices. DELICIOUS.

I don't think pizza is fast food. Look at the nutritional value compared to a Big Mac.

Pizza (1 slice) = 272 kcal, 135 carb, 88 fat, 49 protein
    Big Mac = 540 kcal, 45 carb, 260 fat, 25 protein

I admit pizza is not the best food to lose weight with because of the fat but it's far better than a Big Mac (or any "fast food")
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Pizza Hut, Monday june 4th.
  • AngieJoy81
    AngieJoy81 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I absolutely NEED pizza every couple of weeks. I can usually fit it into my daily calories and I don't eat nearly as many slices as I used to. I don't feel like I should deprive myself. Thankfully, I never get the urge to go through a drive thru... It has probably been over a year.