fit bit

Options
jerilph
jerilph Posts: 19 Member
Hello everyone, I am new to MFP and I was wondering if anyone has a fitbit, i thought about buyong one but wanted to see what people thought about it before sinking $100 into it. Does it work well and it it easy to use?

Replies

• sxysantos
    sxysantos Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I would love to see a response to your thread!
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My friend LOVES hers and has had it a long time but I'm just not there yet to spend $100.
  • chi18
    chi18 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I really like mine, I've been using it for a few weeks now. My main reason for purchasing it was because I live and work in Chicago, so I walk or take public transportation everywhere. So while I have a desk job and am pretty sedentary during the weekdays at work, I felt like there was quite a bit of walking and stair climbing that I wasn't getting credit for on here. You know, 10 minute walk to the subway, walk to the grocery store, etc. I really like it for that purpose. I also appreciate that the site you use with it does not cost any additional fees. It's also been interesting to see it track my sleep patterns.

I do recommend using the timer if you're going to formally exercise though. So when I go to Zumba I start it when the class starts, and as soon as it ends I stop it. When I get home I can then go on my computer and say that during that time I did Zumba (and it's in the fitbit database - unlike MFP) and it will calculate the calories I burned. I know everyone on here recommends heart rate monitors, but the elliptical I use has one built in so I don't know that I want to spend the money on one.

The only negative I've discovered so far is that the data from the fitbit only goes online to your profile page (and then to MFP) if you have it near the base which plugs into your computer via the USB port. So if you're at work all day and your base is at home you can check your stats on the fitbit itself, but they won't be on your fitbit website and won't go to your MFP page until you're near the base again.

I hope this helps!
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    My friend LOVES hers and has had it a long time but I'm just not there yet to spend $100.

I have a friend at work that loves his. He has one, his wife has one, and he has friends in both the US, and in Spain that have them. They have setup challenges, so you can see what everyone else's stats are, while keeping some things private....all in all, a pretty slick product.
  • jennifercks
    jennifercks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got one last week, and I love it. I am focused on getting 10,000 steps per day. Sine I have a desk job, long hours, and a long commute, it's a challenge. But I am doing it now! You know what they say, what gets measured gets done!
  • KKR1220
    KKR1220 Posts: 12
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new to MFP and I was wondering if anyone has a fitbit, i thought about buyong one but wanted to see what people thought about it before sinking $100 into it. Does it work well and it it easy to use?
    [I love mine, you should buy one it keeps you motivated, it makes you think about those steps your taking daily....you need to take 10,000 steps aday! It's harder than you think! invest your money and buy one you will love it!!!]
  • dstanley753
    dstanley753 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've had mine a few months now as well as my wife. We both find it to be a good motivator and try to get the badges before the other one does. Also makes logging the daily walks easier.

I recommend you buy from Best Buy and get the extended warranty as you WILL put it through the washing machine! We have...twice lol
  • drinkitdaily
    Options
    It would be nice if these went on sale.
    Does anyone know if that ever happens?
  • jerilph
    jerilph Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I ordered one yesterday and can't wait to get it. I work as a nurse and am on my feet a lot walking around but I have times where I am sitting a lot too, so this will help. I have been trying to use a pedometer to see how many steps I take in a day but somehow I keep resetting it, I guess when I get my pen out of my pocket or something. I should have it by next weekend I hope. If I like it a lot I may order my husband one next.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I love mine and find it incredibly easy to use and motivational! :D Enjoy your new FitBit and I hope you love it!
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    THANK YOU FOR ASKING THIS! I am thinking about getting one too but like you, was unsure about getting one with the price. This thread has been very helpful to me about making up my mind.
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since Feb and I love it!!

Definately worth the money

I did a 10k charity walk yesterday and couldnt wait to see how many steps it was !

Enjoy xx
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I have one and LOVE it. It broke after 3 weeks but fitbit replaced it! Its really motivating! A great product! X
  • paulaann67
    paulaann67 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My wife and I purchased the Fitbit an returned it. It did not sync well with MFP. We found ourselves having to wait hours before the information was loaded to MFP.

We purchased a heart rate monitor that does does it all and we love it. It's called he Epulse2. It is the first strapless, continuous monitor. It counts calories burned in a exercise session, it is a pedometer, it also tallies you calories burned for the day. We are having great weight loss success working out in the fat burning zone. It's when your heart is pumping at a certain pace and you maintain that pace to burn fat. If you want to know more, friend me at dmoore716.