I finally did it!!!

Options
KrisKabob
KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
Okay, my husband and I set up a fairly nice gym in our basement a few months ago. It has everything you need to get in a pretty good home-workout... including a top-of-line treadmill. I have used the gym off and on, here and there.

Well, I have been trying to get myself to get up in the mornings and workout for about about a month! Now keep in mind I have never been the type to keep a regular workout schedule! Well, I did it!!! I got up this morning (a whole hour before I usually get up) and I worked out!!! Woohoo!

I really think it is all the positive people on this website! It only took a week of being on here and I'm up working out in the mornings! You folks have really gotten me motivated! Thank you! I am so proud of myself! I just had to share!

Replies

• KrisKabob
    Options
    Okay, my husband and I set up a fairly nice gym in our basement a few months ago. It has everything you need to get in a pretty good home-workout... including a top-of-line treadmill. I have used the gym off and on, here and there.

Well, I have been trying to get myself to get up in the mornings and workout for about about a month! Now keep in mind I have never been the type to keep a regular workout schedule! Well, I did it!!! I got up this morning (a whole hour before I usually get up) and I worked out!!! Woohoo!

I really think it is all the positive people on this website! It only took a week of being on here and I'm up working out in the mornings! You folks have really gotten me motivated! Thank you! I am so proud of myself! I just had to share!
  • debbie_010
    debbie_010 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good for you.
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great way to start a day! Nice going!! :drinker:
  • jammergirl99
    Options
    Yay! Thats great! :flowerforyou:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    the positivity on the site is one of the only things making me accountable. it works!
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm already motivated for my workout tomorrow a.m.! :tongue:
  • WMayfield
    WMayfield Posts: 19
    Options
    Great Job!!

I had a similar breakthrough recently. I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I decided to go to the 5:30 a.m. Jazzercise class (though I thought I was crazy). Turns out it was the best thing I could have done that day. I wasn't as tired as I thought I'd be and I didn't have to worry about fitting in the workout later. I haven't done 5:30 a.m. very often, but when I do, it's great.
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I agree! I already feel relieved that I don't have to worry about working out this evening!

I get home at 6 and jump straight into my son's nightly routine (dinner, play, bath, and bed). Afterwards I have to prepare for the next day and clean up the house, etc. It's 8:30-9:00 before I know it. And I am not a night owl... I like to get clean, get in bed, and relax. But I am a morning person! I can't beleive it has taken me so long to do this!!
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    I am so jealous that you were able to get up in the morning 1 hr earlier than normal to workout.

I have to drag myself out of bed between 5:30-6:00 am to go out and do farm chores and I have a hard time getting up that early. I really would like to get up 1 hr before that to do my workout cause the few days that I did do that my day went so much better.

I am jealous!!
  • goodlookinsista
    Options
    That is wonderful!
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I have read several articles stating that u burn more fat in the morning.
    The reason is that there is no food in your stomach to burn (digested overnight) therefore
    your body then moves onto your fat storage.

I have also read several articles stating u r more alert the rest of the day after an am workout.

May today be one of thousands am workouts for u.

Best of luck and God bless.
  • KrisKabob
    Options
    I am so jealous that you were able to get up in the morning 1 hr earlier than normal to workout.

I have to drag myself out of bed between 5:30-6:00 am to go out and do farm chores and I have a hard time getting up that early. I really would like to get up 1 hr before that to do my workout cause the few days that I did do that my day went so much better.

I am jealous!!

Don't be so hard on yourself! My mom grew up on a farm and according to her "farm chores" are a work out all on their own! You should try to make that a workout in itself.